Author Topic: Export Tyros4 Regs to Genos  (Read 2590 times)

Offline WTierney

Export Tyros4 Regs to Genos
« on: September 27, 2023, 09:09:46 PM »
I have a several hundred Registrations on my Tyros4 that's using the onboard styles, and some self-made and downloaded GM midis.  They are working fine!
Now, this question might sound primitive to some, but can I export those T4 registrations straight over to a Genos without any modifications or pain?
Thx-
WT

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Export Tyros4 Regs to Genos
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 12:42:02 AM »
I have a several hundred Registrations on my Tyros4 that's using the onboard styles, and some self-made and downloaded GM midis.  They are working fine!
Now, this question might sound primitive to some, but can I export those T4 registrations straight over to a Genos without any modifications or pain?
Thx-
WT

Yes. They will work on your Genos without modification.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 03:54:14 PM »
Thx-
WT

Hi WT,

Are your Registration Bank files and the MIDI files used in Registrations stored on the internal Tyros4 hard disk (HD1) or on a USB stick?

If you are working with a USB stick on the Tyros4 and the files mentioned are already on this USB stick, you just need to plug this stick into the Genos and everything should work. (The GENOS preset styles are then automatically used.)

If the registrations, MIDI files and, if applicable, user styles are on the internal Tyros4 hard disk, a certain procedure is necessary to copy the files to a USB stick so that it works completely on the Genos. In this case, please get in touch here again and I will describe this in detail.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 03:58:26 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, WTierney

Offline WTierney

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 03:20:03 PM »
Thanks overover,
Yes, all Midis and styles related to the T4 Registrations are stored in the internal T4 HDD.  While I store a complete backup of my T4 on my laptop, it sounds like I can't hardwire the most recent backup of my T4 straight over to the Genos without the modification you mention?

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2023, 08:10:46 PM »
Thanks overover,
Yes, all Midis and styles related to the T4 Registrations are stored in the internal T4 HDD.  While I store a complete backup of my T4 on my laptop, it sounds like I can't hardwire the most recent backup of my T4 straight over to the Genos without the modification you mention?

Hi WT,

The recommended method for using the Tyros4/5 hard disk data is to copy the entire contents of the Tyros hard disk to a USB stick (without changing the folder structure!) and then label this stick as "USB1" (= first/only connected stick) on the Genos.

Please download the brochure "EASILIY UPGRADE TO GENOS" from the Genos download page and read page 29:

>>>https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html

You don't necessarily have to connect the USB stick with the copied data from the Tyros4 hard disk to the USB terminal at the bottom of the Genos casing (as shown in this brochure), but you can also use the front or rear USB terminal of the Genos. As I said, the only important thing is that this is the first/only stick connected so that it is recognized as USB1.

The Genos will then automatically replace the drive letter "E:" (= internal Tyros hard disk) in the Tyros registrations with "I:" (= first USB stick, i.e. USB1). And assuming that the folder structure (starting from the root directory) was not changed when copying from the hard disk to the USB stick, registrations in which user files (e.g. Styles, MIDI files, Multi Pads) are linked should also work exactly like on the Tyros.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 08:14:37 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline WTierney

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2023, 09:21:56 PM »
Great info Chris - Many thanks!

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2023, 09:30:07 PM »
You're welcome, WT. Thanks for your kind feedback. :)

Best regards,
Chris