Author Topic: Organize Genos Favorites?  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Michael Trigoboff

Organize Genos Favorites?
« on: September 24, 2023, 05:26:26 AM »
Is it possible to organize voice and style favorites on the Genos?

If possible, I would like to put them in folders ordered alphabetically, or some other way. So far, it seems like they just get listed in order by when I made them favorites.
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline RONBO

Re: Organize Genos Favorites?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 01:43:37 PM »
Hello,

Yes you can do that.

Create a new folder and name it whatever you like. In my case I named it MY FAVS.

Copy the present favourites to the new folder and the styles will be listed alphabetically automatically.

Make more folders or subfolders to suit your needs

regards

Ron

PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

The following users thanked this post: MadrasGiaguari, Michael Trigoboff

Offline maartenb

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2023, 02:31:32 PM »
Not a direct answer to your question, but maybe worthwhile nonetheless.

When I find a style I like, I immediately store it in an registration and save it with the name of the title of the song.

For registrations I have folders named "A B C", "D E F", "G H I", etc. This way I find my registrations quickly, because I don't have too many tabs to search through.

Maarten

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 03:41:42 PM »
I think you are talking about Linking your Favourite voices to the Favourite section that has the little star to access it. These will be saved as you select them but it still makes them easier to find than searching through al the voice categories.

The following users thanked this post: Michael Trigoboff

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2023, 10:28:18 PM »
Yes you can do that.

Create a new folder and name it whatever you like. In my case I named it MY FAVS.

Copy the present favourites to the new folder and the styles will be listed alphabetically automatically.

Make more folders or subfolders to suit your needs.

I can do that by copying voices and styles to the User area. Is there any way to do this within the Favorites area?

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 10:30:13 PM »
I think you are talking about Linking your Favourite voices to the Favourite section that has the little star to access it. These will be saved as you select them but it still makes them easier to find than searching through al the voice categories.

So, there’s no way to re-organize Favorites into folders, etc? That’s what I think I am finding out.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2023, 12:45:16 AM »
So, there’s no way to re-organize Favorites into folders, etc? That’s what I think I am finding out.

Correct.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Michael Trigoboff

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2023, 07:24:28 AM »
Hi Michael,,
I have an extensive   FAV file in my keyboards and as of late have grown large but am hoping to have a big chunk of time to
organize them per styles under that FAV  folder,,, so when i saw Fred's reply that you can't reorganize am wondering why one cannot reorganize files in that situation.   The only drawback is the TIME involved to take each style and put it in proper catergory/genre.
or visa versa making a genre, style file and then slotting in each style if appropriate. 
The only other way to cut down the number of files in my  FAV file is to perhaps reedit and chuck the ones that currently are not
on my hit list... but that is not what Michael's topic was.

cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes