Author Topic: locking split points on cvp809  (Read 1211 times)

locking split points on cvp809
« on: September 22, 2023, 07:58:34 PM »
can you lock a split point on the cvp 809 as when you go into piano room it reverts back ive tried everything i can think of

The following users thanked this post: dh110953

Offline Fred Smith

Re: locking split points on cvp809
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 08:45:07 PM »
can you lock a split point on the cvp 809 as when you go into piano room it reverts back ive tried everything i can think of

It’s in Parameter Lock in Settings.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023, 09:03:35 AM »
Thanks fred but that doesn`t work ive got the parameter lock on split point and finger type
I think it defaults when you go into piano room

Offline Helbi

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 12:38:45 PM »
You can set Fingering Type and Split Point in the Piano Room. The settings will be maintained even if you exit from this display or turn
off the power. Pressing the [PIANO ROOM] button next time will call up the Piano Room settings which were made the previous time.
This practice applies to the CVP-900 series, but I don't think it changed from the 800 to the 900 series.
Helbi

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2023, 01:12:36 PM »
Colin
The whole point of  ‘piano room’  is to play full keyboard piano, so why would you want a split point? If you are going to play with a split point, then why go to piano room. This is why it’s set to default this way.
Mike
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 01:18:33 PM by mikf »

Offline Helbi

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 04:26:32 PM »
There are two fingering types in the Piano Room: “AI Full Keyboard” and “AI Fingered.”
With “AI Full Keyboard” there is no split point and chords are recognized across the entire keyboard.
With “AI Fingered” the desired split point can be set and only the chords to the left of the split point are recognized,
while you can play any notes to the right of the split point without affecting the chord.
For some songs this makes sense because with “AI Full Keyboard”, depending on how you play, the melody or notes in the right hand can sometimes have a negative influence on the chord.
Helbi
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 04:56:11 PM by Helbi »

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2023, 10:38:05 AM »
thanks for the replies
Firstly the 809 belongs to a lovely old guy whos 89 and his wife is a piano player so she uses Piano room and Ai
The gentleman`s problem being he is not a keyboard player has his set to multifinger and whatever split point he has
once his wife exits piano room he has to reset his multi and split point every time dispite have paramoter lock with multi and split ticked

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2023, 12:57:26 PM »
I think the piano room setting carries over on this model so it has to be reset when you exit as you describe. It does seem to be a bit of a mistake in the system, as I cant think of any reason to do it this way. Interestingly, I found that on my 605 this does not happen, because the 605 does not have the function which lets you change fingering in the Piano Room. I believe it always sets to fingered full keyboard in piano room. And it seems to automatically go back to the original setting when exiting piano room. I think it might happen on my 705 but cannot check, as it is in my other home and I do not have access to it at the moment.
One way round this is to change the setting to AI fingered just before exiting the piano room. Then I believe  that will be the setting when starting up outside the piano room. The setting AI fingered is probably a better setting than fingered anyway, for the non keyboard player.
But an even better way is to set up a 'start up registration' which selects the preferred settings for split and fingering mode outside piano room. Then this can be always accessed at start up ( or any other time ) with one button touch.

Mike 

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2023, 01:51:56 PM »
thanks for the replies
Firstly the 809 belongs to a lovely old guy whos 89 and his wife is a piano player so she uses Piano room and Ai
The gentleman`s problem being he is not a keyboard player has his set to multifinger and whatever split point he has
once his wife exits piano room he has to reset his multi and split point every time dispite have paramoter lock with multi and split ticked

You should set up two registrations. Then to switch, all either has to do is load their registration.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline mikf

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2023, 04:21:24 PM »
You should set up two registrations. Then to switch, all either has to do is load their registration.
They could do that, but it may not be necessary because I suspect the the other user always uses the same setting in the piano room, which is probably the default AI full keyboard and never changes it. So just selecting piano room will always revert to that setting in which case just one registration to be used when selecting non piano room mode would do it.
Mike 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 04:23:11 PM by mikf »

Offline Helbi

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2023, 04:24:08 PM »
I just tried it again on my CVP-905:
When I activate the Piano Room, the fingering type and split point are set to the values ​​last set in the Piano Room. So the piano room remembers the settings!
If I exit the piano room, the values ​​are reset to the settings that applied before the piano room was activated.
However, the fingering type and the split point must not be locked. That's probably Whitecollin11's problem. As he writes, his fingering type and split point are blocked. If this is the case, the values ​​of the Piano Room will be retained when you leave the Piano Room. Then no start registration helps because the fingering type and split point are locked!
By the way, the lock does not apply to the piano room; the settings last made in the piano room are always activated here.
Helbi

The following users thanked this post: dh110953

Offline mikf

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2023, 06:20:09 PM »
That makes more sense. The wording in the CVP809 manual doesn’t actually make that clear.
Mike