Author Topic: T4 style files compatibility  (Read 749 times)

Offline winternotes

T4 style files compatibility
« on: September 21, 2023, 08:26:56 PM »
I have been using a T4 for years. I have created many style files and they are on a thumb drive. I am looking to purchase the smallest yamaha keyboard that has a usb that can handle these files.Is there a such thing? Do you haqve one for sale? I am too old to have the time to do research. T4 getting too heavy to cart to gigs. Thanks
Having fun in retirement

Offline BogdanH

Re: T4 style files compatibility
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 08:41:00 PM »
hello,
To have as much styles compatibility as possible, you should consider at least PSR-SX600... or maybe used PSR-S770/970 .. but it really depends on price you're ready to pay. If you wish even lighter keyboard (PSR-E series), then there won't be styles compatibility.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Brian 007

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 07:46:04 AM »
Hi

I have a sx600 and it will play all of the style I have found from T2 to genos

Brian007

Offline johan

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 11:30:37 AM »
Besides my SX700, I also have a PSR-S670 which weights 3.5kg less compared to the SX700. That's why I always use my s670 when I need to move around. Tyros styles play very well on the S670, but OTS settings need adaptation if the instruments are missing. So if you find a cheap second hand S670, this could be a good alternative.

But if you have the budget,  I fully agree with Bogdan and Brian that the SX600 is a better choice: same weight as the S670, better sound and capable of directly reading registrations of the Tyros (my SX700 can handle them so I guess this also applies to the SX600).
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 07:10:01 PM »
I have been using a T4 for years. I have created many style files and they are on a thumb drive. I am looking to purchase the smallest yamaha keyboard that has a usb that can handle these files.Is there a such thing? Do you haqve one for sale? I am too old to have the time to do research. T4 getting too heavy to cart to gigs. Thanks

Any Yamaha keyboard will read your style files. Whether they sound any good is another matter (as it depends on whether the keyboard has the voice the style is calling for). You want a keyboard with the best chance of the styles working without a lot of tweaking.

Depending on your budget, the best keyboards in order are: Genos, SX900, SX700.

I upgraded from a T4 to Genos a few years ago, mostly to get a lighter keyboard. I’m very happy with it, and find it much easier to lug around. But it’s still heavier than an SX, so if you want the lightest decent keyboard, go for the SX900.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons