Author Topic: PSRSX700 Split OUTPUT (not the keyboard)  (Read 633 times)

Offline NJChickSinger

PSRSX700 Split OUTPUT (not the keyboard)
« on: September 21, 2023, 04:43:44 PM »
I'm hoping someone here can help with this.  I have a PSRSX700 and would like to SPLIT the output, so that the left hand and right hand can be controlled at the mixer. 

I've been told there is something in the settings that I can change, but I have no idea where to look.

FYI - I have NO experience with this kind of stuff so the instructions should be the equivalent of "PSRSX700 for Dummies"

TYIA

Offline BogdanH

Re: PSRSX700 Split OUTPUT (not the keyboard)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 06:31:40 PM »
hello,
I recommend to look at Owner's manual (page 44-46).
In short:
If you select LEFT voice (button LEFT on bottom row is lit), then you can play left voice on left part of keyboard. In this case, you can play RIGHT1 and/or RIGHT2 and/or RIGHT3 voice on the right part of the keybed. The point where left and right part of keybed are divided, is called split point. You can set split point according to your needs as described in manual.
Once left and right part of keybed are divided, you can adjust voice parameters in mixer.

I hope that I understood your question correctly.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline jcook980

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 08:32:44 PM »
I think the OP wants to split the audio output so LEFT and RIGHT voices are on two separate channels into an external mixer. While the SX900 can do this on the Sub 1/2 outputs via the Line Out menu (top right of Menu1 touch screen), the SX700 does not have Sub outputs.
---

Jim
PSR-SX900, Disklavier, QY-70, P-150

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023, 08:43:59 PM »
uh, it seems you're right jcook980.. I didn't notice "not the keyboard" before.
Unless I miss something again, then that should be easy: simply pan desired voices in mixer to fully left and fully right.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline NJChickSinger

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 08:57:25 PM »
Thank you BogdanH and jcook980.  jcook980 is correct, I want to split the audio output so left and right voices are on two separate channels into an external mixer.  Bummer....

Offline jcook980

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2023, 09:44:55 PM »
While panning left and right will work, you won't be able to change the mix with an external mixer located somewhere else in the room. With the XS900, you can assign the LEFT and RIGHT voices (or, actually, any combination of audio) to Sub 1/2. These can be completely separate channels to the mixing board while the styles, MIDI, Song, etc. (mixed in the keyboard) are delivered to two other channels in the mixer. There are several other things the SX900 can do that the OP might find useful. The vocal effects in the SX900, especially, might come in handy on stage, too.  ;D

Jim
---

Jim
PSR-SX900, Disklavier, QY-70, P-150