Author Topic: My SX 900 has a Pack installed but what is it?  (Read 1185 times)

Offline YammyFan

My SX 900 has a Pack installed but what is it?
« on: September 15, 2023, 12:01:47 PM »
 I think that it is a pack, but I don't think that I installed it. Maybe, every new SX 900 has the following list displayed.
African
Europe
Latin American
Oriental.
I need to know if it is a pack because I read on this forum that it is necessary to follow a different set of instructions when loading a second pack onto my SX900.

Offline Divemaster

Re: My SX 900 has a Pack installed but what is it?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 12:15:22 PM »
Hi Yammy Fan

You've actually got not one, but 4 packs installed from new. You can download further packs from the main Yamaha website.

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/keyboards/vse/

I have about 10 packs on my SX700. They are very good additions to your keyboard.  Have fun!

Keith.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 12:18:19 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 12:33:21 PM »
If you want to load in other packs these four pre installed ones will be over written.
You can download these packs from the download site and put into the YEM so that they can be used with other packs in YEM.

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 05:05:51 AM »
Thank you Keith and Eileen for your helpful replies. I now need some more help.  I am getting a message on my SX900 saying " cannot execute quick installation. Install with a full installer [.ppi/.cpi] " so i must be doing something wrong. I have been try to install the Church and Christmas pack for SX 900.  I   am using the latest version of YEM

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 07:38:27 AM »
Thank you Keith and Eileen for your helpful replies. I now need some more help.  I am getting a message on my SX900 saying " cannot execute quick installation. Install with a full installer [.ppi/.cpi] " so i must be doing something wrong. I have been try to install the Church and Christmas pack for SX 900.  I   am using the latest version of YEM

Hi YammyFan,

please change the Pack Installation file type from .pqi / .cqi (= Pack Quick Installation file) to .cpi (= full Pack Installation file) as shown in the attached screenshot before clicking on the SAVE button.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 07:40:59 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 01:37:21 PM »
You have to have done a full instal with your packs before you can add another. When making you must still have your previous packs ticked as well as the new one you want to add before you can use quick instal.

Offline aw80

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2023, 07:55:32 AM »
Hi,

I have just bought a SX700 and have gone into the yamaha website and downloaded one of the expansion packs into a usb drive.
When i insert the usb drive into the keyboard I was expecting to see the downloaded voices/styles under USB1.
However, i cannot see anything. Format of the downloaded file is is .cpf file.

Can someone please help me? thank you!

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2023, 09:53:47 AM »
hello aw80,
*.cpf=pack file
*.cpi=pack install

*.cpf must first be imported into YEM, where you can create *.cpi from it. Then you copy resulting *.cpi file on USB stick and install on keyboard (MENU 2: Expansion) -Reference manual, page134.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline aw80

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2023, 11:04:37 AM »
hello aw80,
*.cpf=pack file
*.cpi=pack install

*.cpf must first be imported into YEM, where you can create *.cpi from it. Then you copy resulting *.cpi file on USB stick and install on keyboard (MENU 2: Expansion) -Reference manual, page134.

Bogdan

Thank you so much! I only got the keyboard yesterday. So still finding my way around it   :)