Author Topic: Help converting recorded midi files to audio (WAV) on GENOS  (Read 1045 times)

Offline cranders

Help converting recorded midi files to audio (WAV) on GENOS
« on: September 14, 2023, 11:56:55 PM »
I have a few songs recorded as MIDI Multi Recording files and need to record them as .wav files on Genos to import to my daw (Cakewlk). I can easily transfer the files with a thumb drive to my daw but some of the voices are lessened in quality and expression. I thought if I recorded them to a .wav on Genos and then imported them to Cakewalk I would retain the full quality of the voice? I don't use song A or B (not sure how that works) and just recorded them directly in the midi multi recording section. Thank you so much for the help, I am inexperienced on Genos :)

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Help converting recorded midi files to audio (WAV) on GENOS
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 03:37:19 AM »
If you'll do a Google search for "Midi to MP3/WAV converters" you'll find several available freeware applications, as well as online converters.

The following is a link to an online converter, Cranders. :)

https://www.freeconvert.com/midi-to-wav

"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: colas musique

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 10:44:44 AM »
Cranders,

You can record a WAV file from a MIDI right on the Genos. Set up the MIDI to play on Player A, then Set player B to record. Do a dry run thru to adjust recording levels then rewind the MIDI, hit Record on Player B then hit Play on Player A.
By doing it this way you will lose the ability to edit on your computer. The better way to do it is to hook your keyboard up to your PC that way the MIDI will sound the way it is supposed to because it will play thru the Genos. Playing MIDI's on a PC is undesirable unless you have a really expensive sound card in the PC made to play MIDI, but it still won't sound as good as the Genos.

Good Luck,

Rick D.

The following users thanked this post: MadrasGiaguari

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 01:28:19 PM »
On Genos load your midi in first and the go to Song Recording and select Audio Quick Recording. When ready press record on Audio and press start on your midi file.
  The song is now recording as Wav. When finished just exit page. Now press song A on screen and go to User there you will see a file that says 0001or 2345 according to how many songs you have recorded. Select the highest number because this will be the last one you recorded. Now press File at the top of the page and select Re-name.
 Just delete the numbers and Name you song. Now just use Copy to copy Here on you USB stick.

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 05:54:36 PM »
Quite correct -- Genos is its own and best MIDI to WAV converter!

Audio Quick Recording is described on page 91 of the Genos Owner's Manual.

Also, you might want to read about Audio Multi-Recording in Chapter 6 of the Genos Reference Manual. Audio Multi-Recording makes you work a little harder to get a WAV file. You must export the audio recording as a WAV file.

Overall, Genos audio recording is pretty decent with a good workflow -- pj