Author Topic: Great news for PSR-SX700 owners  (Read 2310 times)

Offline pedro_pedroc

Great news for PSR-SX700 owners
« on: September 06, 2023, 11:02:07 PM »
Hello, everyone.

I think most of you know me, my name is Pedro Eleuterio, I'm one of the PSR Performers (https://psrtutorial.com/perf/pedroEleuterio.html) and I also create custom styles from scratch, only using the keyboards - it's a craft hard work to achieve the best of the keyboards.
I have a partnership with www.styles4k.com, and my styles were only compatible with Yamaha Genos and Yamaha PSR-SX900 keyboards.

Now, I'm happy to announce I bought a Yamaha PSR-SX700 - so most of my styles are now working with Yamaha PSR-SX700 (and also with some compatible models) - I adapted them using the keyboard itself. I recorded DEMOS of all styles with Genos, SX900 and SX700, so you can listen to them and know exactly how they sound, before buying!

Please, take a look at www.styles4k.com, and help me to share my work with your friends and GENOS/SX900/SX700 owners.

Our most success styles are from Scorpions, Pink Floyd, and a lot of 80s Pop songs, but we have a lot of other kind of styles, ballads, rock, pop, soundtrack, games, and so on... Take a look at the demos, so you can hear what I'm writing about!

Thank you so much!

Best regards from Brazil,
Pedro Eleuterio

Re: Great news for PSR-SX700 owners
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 06:30:46 AM »
Hi there,

Nice stuff, man.  Question, Do your Sx900 styles work on psr-A5000?

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2023, 07:42:58 AM »
Pedro created two really nice custom SX900 styles for me this year. He’s a great resource for this.

Rich
SX900, MODX7+

The following users thanked this post: pedro_pedroc

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2023, 11:58:46 AM »
Hello, Amir.

Well, I’m not so sure, because I don’t have a A5000 here. However, I think it may work or need a little revoicing.
If you want to make a try, please write me (pedro@eleuterio.com) and we can find a way for it, ok ?

Thanks so much
Pedro 

Hi there,

Nice stuff, man.  Question, Do your Sx900 styles work on psr-A5000?

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2023, 11:59:57 AM »
Hello, Rich.

Thank you so much. I’m very happy you liked the custom styles and proud of your words.
Best wishes.
Pedro

Pedro created two really nice custom SX900 styles for me this year. He’s a great resource for this.

Rich

Offline bpsafran

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2023, 01:37:03 PM »
If this works with the SX-900 and SX-700, is there any reason it won't work with the Tyros5?

Thanks

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2023, 03:12:51 PM »
Hello,

I think there is a great chance to work fine or need a little revoicing.
I don’t have a tyros 5 to try, so I can’t guarantee it works.
If you want to try, please write to me (pedro@eleuterio.com) and will be a pleasure to help you.

Best wishes.
Pedro

If this works with the SX-900 and SX-700, is there any reason it won't work with the Tyros5?

Thanks

Offline hans1966

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2023, 03:28:21 PM »
Hello, everyone.

I think most of you know me, my name is Pedro Eleuterio, I'm one of the PSR Performers (https://psrtutorial.com/perf/pedroEleuterio.html) and I also create custom styles from scratch, only using the keyboards - it's a craft hard work to achieve the best of the keyboards.
I have a partnership with www.styles4k.com, and my styles were only compatible with Yamaha Genos and Yamaha PSR-SX900 keyboards.

Now, I'm happy to announce I bought a Yamaha PSR-SX700 - so most of my styles are now working with Yamaha PSR-SX700 (and also with some compatible models) - I adapted them using the keyboard itself. I recorded DEMOS of all styles with Genos, SX900 and SX700, so you can listen to them and know exactly how they sound, before buying!

Please, take a look at www.styles4k.com, and help me to share my work with your friends and GENOS/SX900/SX700 owners.

Our most success styles are from Scorpions, Pink Floyd, and a lot of 80s Pop songs, but we have a lot of other kind of styles, ballads, rock, pop, soundtrack, games, and so on... Take a look at the demos, so you can hear what I'm writing about!

Thank you so much!

Best regards from Brazil,
Pedro Eleuterio

Thank you very much Pedro for taking seriously creating such nice styles for us.
unfortunately I can't try these styles, since more than two months ago I had to sell my sx900 due to economic problems.

Right now I'm working with a friend's s910, while I manage to raise money to buy at least sx700, and be able to enjoy their styles

all the best

Hans
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 03:32:41 PM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline mikf

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2023, 04:20:19 PM »
Pedro
As far as I can see these styles are not free to our members, and styles4k is a commercial site. You may have had the best of intentions but we don’t allow our forum to be used to advertise commercial products to forum members.
If I have this wrong, let me know as otherwise I will shortly remove this thread.
Mike

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2023, 08:50:38 PM »
Mike, i understand what you're saying, but should Pedro put this thread on the marketplace section then?

cheers,
Mark

Offline mikf

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2023, 09:08:56 PM »
Mark
The items for sale section is intended for members selling their personal equipment, not commercial businesses.
Mike

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2023, 10:14:45 PM »
FYI-I’m not a content developer, just a player. I understand there is a no advertising policy in this forum. But I wish there was a way these content developers could get some exposure here, as there is probably no better arranger keyboard audience than this forum. This type of service and skill (style creation, voice creation) is so rare in my opinion that if they don’t get some kind of support they’ll just cease to exist and then everyone loses.

Rich
SX900, MODX7+

Offline mikf

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2023, 10:26:59 PM »
There can be issues if we allow this, so that’s why we steer clear of it.
If a member chooses to deal with a commercial business and comments on that in a post, that is different eg they say on a post ‘I bought some styles from xyz and they worked well’. That is a personal opinion and ok.
Mike

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2023, 10:54:44 PM »
We've had a few other members who have started similar threads like this in the past. Content such as this is limited to a single thread in one board only. If Pedro posts in multiple boards, it would be considered spamming our forum. All threads would then be removed, and Pedro would be banned from the forum.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 11:41:30 PM by Roger Brenizer »
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2023, 12:57:55 AM »
There can be issues if we allow this, so that’s why we steer clear of it.
If a member chooses to deal with a commercial business and comments on that in a post, that is different eg they say on a post ‘I bought some styles from xyz and they worked well’. That is a personal opinion and ok.
Mike

Oh, ok, that makes sense.

Mark

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2023, 10:05:44 AM »
Hi Guys

I understand the banning of commercial advertising, but Pedro has been a long standing member and a big contributor to this forum with many instructional videos.

He does a great job with his style creations and I have purchased many. He only posts one post pointing to his newly created styles and does not flood the forum with spam, please take this into consideration, when enforcing the rules.

In my opinion, censoring a forum member like Pedro would be a mistake, but rules are rules I guess.

This forum is one of the best out there for us keyboard players, it has a wealth of information and if you have a problem there are members that will jump right in to help others. I applaud all involved with keeping this forum up and running.

Thanks,

Rick D.

Offline mikf

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2023, 10:47:41 AM »
Rick
This is exactly what we do…. Take a reasonable position, but act if it looks like it may get out of hand. Contrary to what you say, this is not Pedro’s first post referencing his styles for sale. There have been several. We have now made it clear that this is not normally allowed on this forum, so if Pedro is the reasonable person I think he is, then I expect it will not continue and there will be no need to intervene.
Mike

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2023, 11:24:05 AM »
Mike,

You are right this isn't his first style he has advertised.

I know Pedro will do as you wish, he is a really nice guy.

Thanks,

Rick D.

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2023, 12:19:03 PM »
Hello, everyone.

I'm so sorry I cause problems to this great forum.
Don't be worry, I'll not post anything more about my styles website.
I'm always available to answer questions and to help new arranger users about how to use the keyboard in a better manner.

Mark, Rich, Mike, Hans, thanks for your kind words !

Best regards,
Pedro

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2023, 02:52:45 PM »
Just updating the answer, the styles converted to SX-700 will work fine on PSR-S970/975, and may work on Tyros5 (I'm not so sure yet).

Best wishes,
Pedro

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 07:04:30 PM by pedro_pedroc »

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2023, 07:57:17 PM »
Yes, they will work with T5 as long as you avoid all ethnic drum kits (Oriental, Indian, Chinese) and limit your kits to the older latin kits that are only present on T5. Because the sx700/s970 are actually stripped down T4's, with all the S.Art 2 sounds removed, and all the jazz scat voices/gospel choir sounds removed as well (which were all restored on the sx900). Note that the s970, with only 2 layers, received a few pre-layered sounds that aren't even present on the Genos (because you can make them yourself with the 3rd layer) but they didn't remove the extra layered sounds on the sx700 (despite having 3 layers) since it was just a re-pop of the s970 engine. This includes sounds like Pizzacato Glocken, Vibes&jazz guitar, but oddly, similar voices like Theatre Orchestra and Symphonic unison were included on Genos.

Mark