Author Topic: bass component of the accmp pad  (Read 471 times)

Offline ronieaz

bass component of the accmp pad
« on: August 27, 2023, 04:56:10 PM »
Hello from Oregon.
Since I still cannot afford to buy a Genos, I bought an Arturia 25 key MiniLab3 to extend my sx900 61key.  The SX powers the Arturia via the USB.  Then I use a 5pin MIDI OUT from the Arturia into the SX.  In order to use the 25key for the left hand accmp activation, I have to transpose the Arturia down to -4 octaves.  I have the SX split as low as it goes to C1.  The right most key on the Arturia becomes C1.  It's all good EXCEPT when ACCMP is ON and START/STOP is OFF, I think all of the Yamaha arrangers play a pad sound and a bass sound. 
The Arturia plays these sounds starting with the right most key being C1.  However, since the Arturia has to be dropped to Octave -4, that Yamaha accmp bass sound gets way, way too low.  Becomes distorted.  If I knew where in the heck this bass sound resides, I might be able to manipulate it or turn it off or mute it.  The SX MIXER does not register this bass sound or the pad sound.  The pad sound is fine.  It's the bass sound that Yamaha includes I don't like.
Now, when I activate with START/STOP the chosen accmp style, everything's fine, same as happens when the SX is controlling the accmp style. 
Does anyone happen to know where in the heck Yamaha is hiding the bass component of the accmp pad sound?
Thanks for any replies.
Ron
I've seen leaked images of the new Montage, but nothing yet of a new Genos. 
I can find floor models on Reverb for $3,999, which is pretty good, but for me I need another $500 drop in price at least. 
Can't get as much for used kidneys these days . . .