Author Topic: Monitor  (Read 2015 times)

Offline micktheplumber

Monitor
« on: August 26, 2023, 12:30:32 PM »
Hi all finally got my Genos screen connected to a monitor,much better picture and great for displaying midi music sheets ,i think Yamaha got it wrong abandoning the tilting screen.
but does anybody know of a way to use monitor but still view the Genos screen with something else on it .
Mick

Offline Divemaster

Re: Monitor
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 12:58:29 PM »
Hi Mick.

Glad you got your monitor fixed up.

As a past Tyros owner, I think the tilting screen was a great idea, but there are many owners who had screen failure due to the constant lifting and lowering of the screen. The screen wasn't the problem. The ribbon cable that carried the signal wasn't up to it and it wasn't the easiest job to change it for a new one.

I always used to leave my screen up, but obviously as a performer, that wouldn't really be an option.

I think that's why it wasn't carried forward to newer models.
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

The following users thanked this post: micktheplumber

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 01:01:28 PM »
Hi all finally got my Genos screen connected to a monitor,much better picture and great for displaying midi music sheets ,i think Yamaha got it wrong abandoning the tilting screen.
but does anybody know of a way to use monitor but still view the Genos screen with something else on it .
Mick

Ok. What so you want on the monitor while the Genos screen has "something else" on it?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline micktheplumber

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2023, 02:39:58 PM »
Yes Fred exactly .

Offline micktheplumber

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023, 02:45:45 PM »
Hi Divemaster yes early hatchbacks suffered same fate had an Austin A40 one of the very early hatchbacks .

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2023, 03:07:47 PM »
Hello Mick,
I'm using the SX-900, but probably the same options on the Genos --- you can either choose to mirror the screen, or choose to display the Lyrics/Text screen only.
Go to your Menu, and "Utility" to see the options you can choose on Genos.

If you're using a USB to HDMI adapter, it will occupy the entire screen, and perhaps that's exactly what you want.

However, I've added a second adapter with the first one, the Andycine HDMI to USB video adapter, which can then be displayed as a resizeable window on your PC.
It essentially makes the keyboard appear as a "USB Camera" to Windows, which can be viewed by launching the "Camera" app on Windows.

I didn't even realize this could be done, but months ago, someone mentioned it on this forum, and it's ideal for me.  Using Win 10 with dual 43" TV's for monitors.
Jerry
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

The following users thanked this post: micktheplumber