Author Topic: 4/4 Bolero  (Read 1165 times)

Offline andyg

4/4 Bolero
« on: August 21, 2023, 07:33:05 PM »
One of my students is learning 'What Now My Love', and his book says 'Swing' - so we've used a gentle Big Band style.

However, a very good way of playing this piece is to use a 4/4 Bolero - the style that fits the theme from 'High Noon'. I can remember that at Kawai we offered players both the 3/4 Orchestral Bolero (as in Ravel's masterpiece) and the 4/4 Bolero (High Noon) when designing the rhythm section. I don' think I've found one elsewhere since then.

I've looked around on line for a 4/4 Bolero or a 'High Noon' style without success, does anyone know of one?
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: 4/4 Bolero
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 10:50:05 PM »
I've attached a "High Noon" style for you, Andy. If that isn't sufficient, I have several other 4/4 Bolero styles. :)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahyvu8brH-fUgYwOsEDZ4yl3CvDTkA?e=zywXU1
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, rgw, ULOCNI, Del B, wersianer, Roshure

Offline andyg

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2023, 09:36:07 PM »
Many thanks, I'll give this one a go.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline andyg

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 04:47:25 PM »
The High Noon style you kindly posted is more of an 8 beat pattern, so if you could post the 4/4 Boleros, that would be great, thanks.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 09:00:48 PM »
The High Noon style you kindly posted is more of an 8 beat pattern, so if you could post the 4/4 Boleros, that would be great, thanks.

I had 375 Bolero styles and removed 153 duplicate names, which left 222 styles I've attached for you. Even though I've removed the duplicate names, some of these styles may still be the same style using a different name. Hopefully you will find a style that works for your student, Andy. :)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahyvu8brH-fUgYwTnaKIlR1W_Ca6Lw?e=J859cA
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: wersianer, Roshure

Offline andyg

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023, 09:23:47 PM »
Thanks again Roger, I'll have a look through these tomorrow between lessons. :)

www.andrew-gilbert.com