Author Topic: Mirroring  (Read 1332 times)

Offline micktheplumber

Mirroring
« on: August 20, 2023, 10:36:56 AM »
Hi all not sure if i have this in the right place,I have tried to mirror my Genos screen to
display midi sheet music, on a upright screen  i bought the itec recomended hdmi adapter
i have tried it plugged into a Surface pro 4, a Dell xps, and my tv into a spare hdmi socket
but as yet have had no joy, perhaps somebody out there could explain what i need to do .
many thanks
Mick

Offline acparker

Re: Mirroring
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2023, 11:13:17 AM »
Hi Mick,

Have you made sure to set the Genos to display the Genos screen, as opposed to the (probably) blank white text or lyrics page?  That setting is under Menu -> Utility -> Speaker/Connectivity.

Hope that helps!

Adam

Offline micktheplumber

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 01:24:50 PM »
Thanks for the reply yes tried both mirroring and text.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2023, 01:44:43 PM »
Hi Mick,

What is the exact type of your i-Tec USB graphics adapter?

Note that only USB 2.0 graphics adapters, e.g. the i-Tec "USB2HDTRIO", work on Genos and PSR-SX models, i.e. USB 3 adapters cannot be used.

With a suitable graphics adapter, you should get a picture on an external TFT display or TV with HDMI or VGA input. If the TV has several HDMI inputs, the currently used input of the TV must of course be selected.

In the Speaker/Connectivity display mentioned by Adam (acparker) you can set whether the Genos display is mirrored on the external display, or whether text/lyrics are always displayed there (after the USB graphics adapter has been connected to the back of the Genos).

By the way, the Genos graphics adapter cannot be connected directly to a computer or tablet, since these usually do not have a video INPUT, but their HDMI socket is only an OUTPUT.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 01:47:55 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline micktheplumber

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023, 02:00:27 PM »
The adapter is a I-TEC USB 2.0 DISPLAY ADAPTER FULL HD i now understand why it does not work with my laptops but i thought it should work with my tv,used port hdmi 3
and switched to this but nothing happened.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023, 02:13:48 PM »
The adapter is a I-TEC USB 2.0 DISPLAY ADAPTER FULL HD i now understand why it does not work with my laptops but i thought it should work with my tv,used port hdmi 3
and switched to this but nothing happened.

Hi Mick,

Are you using the USB terminal on the back (Rear Panel) of the Genos? To my knowledge, the USB-to-Device terminal on the Panel cannot be used to connect a Graphics adapter.

Also make sure the Graphics adapter is already connected before starting the Genos.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 02:20:05 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline micktheplumber

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2023, 03:13:37 PM »
Yes Chris i tec comes with usb cable and understood i could on use the rear usb all the cables are new,conected the itec to tv then to usb rear of Genos then booted up the Genos
but nothing ?

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2023, 03:31:42 PM »
Yes Chris i tec comes with usb cable and understood i could on use the rear usb all the cables are new,conected the itec to tv then to usb rear of Genos then booted up the Genos
but nothing ?

Hi Mick,

You could test connect a PC/Laptop to the TV with this HDMI cable to make sure the HDMI cable and the TV work properly, i.e. the PC screen appears on the TV.

Does your graphics adapter have a fixed HDMI output, or does it have a DVI output that you can connect either a DVI-to-HDMI or a DVI-to-VGA adapter plug to?

If the latter is the case, make sure that the HDMI adapter plug is properly inserted and screwed. If you have a TFT display with a VGA input, you use the VGA adapter plug and test with a VGA cable.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 03:40:11 PM by overover »

Offline micktheplumber

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2023, 04:08:07 PM »
Hi Chris my adapter has a vga out to wich i have used vga to hdmi ,i will try one of my laptops tomorrow and will put results up here ,but how do i know if the fault is tv,adaper or vga to hdmi cable,because if there is still no display,then one must have a fault ?

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2023, 04:20:20 PM »
Hi Chris my adapter has a vga out to wich i have used vga to hdmi ,i will try one of my laptops tomorrow and will put results up here ,but how do i know if the fault is tv,adaper or vga to hdmi cable,because if there is still no display,then one must have a fault ?

Hi Mick,

VGA is an analog video output, but HDMI is a digital interface. As far as I know, it is not possible to convert a VGA output signal to an HDMI signal with a passive adapter or adapter cable. This is probably the error.

So you would either have to use an external display with VGA input (which you connect to the adapter with a VGA cable), or you need a graphics adapter with a FIXED HDMI connection or e.g. the i-Tec USB2HDTRIO I mentioned, which has the appropriate adapter plugs for VGA and HDMI output included.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 07:20:41 PM by overover »

Offline micktheplumber

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2023, 05:18:56 PM »
Yes i see Chris looks like you are right ,will look into this