Author Topic: Panicking now  (Read 4368 times)

Offline lordspudz

Panicking now
« on: August 19, 2023, 10:06:55 PM »
Just gone to open Songbook+ on my iPad and it keeps closing/crashing.  The title page appears for about a second then it closes.  It’s worked fine for ages, even had it open yesterday.  I’ve got so many songs on there and a gig next Saturday!!  Are the music files and midi info (midi files linked to each song) stored on the pad somewhere?  It’s supposed to back up to iCloud but that’s been a bit hit and miss.  Anyone had the same problem?
So much music.....So little time!!  :-)

Offline overover

Re: Panicking now
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2023, 04:23:36 AM »
Hi lordspudz,

You may have (too) many apps open in the background on your iPad. If you haven't already, double-click the Home button to open the Multitasking view, then swipe up any open apps to completely exit them. If Songbook+ is still not running normally, my next step would be to restart the iPad.

All Songbook+ data is located in its App folder on the iPad. If the app works normally, you can share this folder and access it from the computer via WiFi. Whether you can access the Songbook+ app folder from the computer via USB cable depends on the iPad model and the iOS/iPad OS version used. Sometimes a program like "3uTools" can help.

If the problem persists, it would be good if you post here which iPad model you are using and which iOS/iPad OS version is installed. Maybe then you can be helped.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline lordspudz

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 03:27:01 PM »
Hi, yes should probably have mentioned the model and os version.  My brain was having a meltdown so couldn’t think properly 😂
It’s a 12” iPod pro, an older one with one camera lens, running OS13.6.1

I use it only for Songbook really so no other apps were open.

I’ve found the music files in the app folder and am trying to copy them elsewhere before maybe uninstalling then reinstalling Songbook+.  Would that work?

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2023, 04:04:33 PM »
Hi, yes should probably have mentioned the model and os version.  My brain was having a meltdown so couldn’t think properly 😂
It’s a 12” iPod pro, an older one with one camera lens, running OS13.6.1

I use it only for Songbook really so no other apps were open.

I’ve found the music files in the app folder and am trying to copy them elsewhere before maybe uninstalling then reinstalling Songbook+.  Would that work?

Hi lordspudz,

I'm using SB+ on my "good old" iPad4 running iOS 10.3.4. I am currently not working with newer iPads and newer iOS versions. So I can't say for sure if copying/backing up the data and then reinstalling SB+ would work in your case. There may also be a way to keep the existing SB+ data on uninstall and reinstall.

Maybe other forum members can help you better. In any case, I would also contact Songbook+ Support in this regard:
>>> https://en.songbookplus.com/support

P.S.
As mentioned above, please make sure that all other apps are completely closed. Closing an app in the normal way does NOT shut it down completely. Even if an app has crashed, it is often still open in the Multitasking view mentioned, and it makes sense to explicitly close it there before restarting the app.

Restarting the iPad never hurts either. (On my iPad4 you have to press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 04:07:23 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline lordspudz

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023, 05:28:11 PM »
Hi Chris, Think mine might be an iPad 4 or thereabouts.  It’s been working fine for 5 or 6 years, opens every time, music sheets load perfectly, annotations can be made if needed, set lists can be made and work no problems.  on’t know if it’s relate but the other at I tried to print out a set list for this coming Saturday and it wouldn’t connect to the printer.  Eventually got it to work but the next day is when this problem started when trying to open Songbook. 
I managed to copy the music sheets to a different folder and uninstalled/reinstalled Songbook.  Problem still there 🤔
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 05:29:22 PM by lordspudz »