Author Topic: Style Files for PSR 540 ?  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Disposable

Style Files for PSR 540 ?
« on: August 19, 2023, 12:57:09 PM »
Just bought my wife a used Yamaha PSR 540, I used to own a PSR 530 so I know how good this old Arranger keyboard is! My wife used to play a PSR 320 and she was very good, but then she became ill for some years and had to stop playing. anyway she is well again now and I want to encourage her to start playing again!
I know this keyboard can load and play SFF Style files but I need to make sure I get the right ones? So are there any good ones worth downloading from the style section on this site that any of you can recommend?
Any help would be appreciated. :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 02:46:40 PM by Disposable »
Tyros 2, Nektar Impact LX25+, Orion Platinum, Samplitude Music Studio, Various VST instruments, Reaper, Goldwave and good old XG Works

I play the music, but the Cat plays the strings.

Offline Disposable

Re: Style Files for PSR 540 ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 02:44:32 PM »
I have looked through the style files available for the PSR range on this site, but not found any styles specifically for the PSR 540? There are some for the PSR 550 so I am thinking that they should also work with the PSR 540?
What do you think? :-\
Tyros 2, Nektar Impact LX25+, Orion Platinum, Samplitude Music Studio, Various VST instruments, Reaper, Goldwave and good old XG Works

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 08:24:04 PM »
If the styles for the 540 use just 2 Main Sections, then these oldies should work.  These styles came from the 510, 630 and 640.

https://app.box.com/s/5zwsgxm03lj10vj2x7g67bowbuqi8r8p

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, Keyboard Master, Tonytony, Roshure

Offline Disposable

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2023, 09:49:44 PM »
Thank you Joe!
I haven't received the keyboard yet, it is due to arrive on Tuesday, I will give them a try out then?
The PSR 530 and 540/550 are similar in features, and as mentioned above they are all a bit underrated as arranger keyboards, also the sound quality is very good. They are sought after on Ebay, and are snapped up quickly, so I was lucky to get one, they often sell for as much as £300.
Will let you know through this thread if the styles are compatible.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 09:59:25 PM by Disposable »

Offline Disposable

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 09:45:40 AM »
Most of the above syles work without problems on the PSR 540, so thanks to Joe for the helping hand! :)