Author Topic: Joe H Please read  (Read 972 times)

Offline rphillipchuk

Joe H Please read
« on: August 17, 2023, 04:33:44 PM »
Hi Joe

Would like to have your opinion on "midi to Style".  I have purchased "Style Magic" because of current continued Support and a dedicated Ins File for the DGX-670.

Now with the recent post of Style Works, we seem to have more choices.

I am starting a new learning curve and need to pick one.

Please share your experiences with each, Pro's / Con's

Ron
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

MacBook Pro 32 Gigs Ram, 1 Terrabyte SSD

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline Joe H

Re: Joe H Please read
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 07:35:34 PM »
Hi Ron,

Personally I don't make styles from MIDI song files.  StyleWorks is easier to use, but you would have to create a Voice Definition file for your DGX-670 and name it Tyros 3.snd and replace the actual T3 voice list.

StyleMagic is more convoluted but can create styles from song files.  The reason I don't make styles from song files is because they are too simple. I'm just beginning to use StyleMagic 3.50 by Exporting style Parts and then Importing them into existing styles.  For me this a better way to create more elaborate styles.

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 07:37:00 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline rphillipchuk

Re: Joe H Please read
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 08:58:32 PM »
Thanks Joe
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

MacBook Pro 32 Gigs Ram, 1 Terrabyte SSD

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com