Author Topic: A question for the Technical Skilled  (Read 1043 times)

Offline rphillipchuk

A question for the Technical Skilled
« on: August 14, 2023, 05:31:00 PM »
I have the DGX-670.
I have a PC with Win 10
I have an Intel Macbook Pro with Cubase Elements

Right now, I use an iPad with Songbook+ connected to the keyboard and I am quite pleased with the Setup and results. 

I recently purchased "StyleMagic" to hopefully create Styles from midi and to edit "OTS" which cannot be done on the Board. I was able to change "OTS" successfully with StyleMagic.

Now for my question?
What I am looking for is an interface between the keyboard and computer. Right now, I am putting everything on a flash drive and moving from PC to Board which is not very efficient

Can be PC or Mac

Please advise
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

MacBook Pro 32 Gigs Ram, 1 Terrabyte SSD

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline pjd

Re: A question for the Technical Skilled
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 05:42:48 PM »
Hi --

You should be able to use Yamaha Musicsoft Downloaded. The user interface is a bit dusty, but it is possible to transfer files (styles, etc.) to and fro.

It's free.

All the best -- pj

https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/musicsoft-downloader

Offline rphillipchuk

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 07:21:44 PM »
Thanks pjd

Exactly what I was looking for......

I use Songbook+ with the iPad and every time I need to transfer files from the PC, I have to remove from the iPad and plug it in to the PC....... Is there any interface that I can use, to have them both at the same time without having to switch ?

Ron
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 08:31:18 PM »
Exactly what I was looking for......

I use Songbook+ with the iPad and every time I need to transfer files from the PC, I have to remove from the iPad and plug it in to the PC....... Is there any interface that I can use, to have them both at the same time without having to switch ?

I use the "Share folder via wi-fi" menu option.

Click on it, and you get an http address which you map to a network drive in File Explorer (I always use Z:)

Now just transfer files using File Explorer.

The drive stays shared until you disconnect it.

If you create your own sheet music, I just print to the pdf printer and select drive Z:.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline rphillipchuk

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 04:17:40 PM »
Thanks all

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com