Author Topic: Registrations back to style help needed  (Read 1058 times)

Offline tommac

Registrations back to style help needed
« on: August 14, 2023, 11:37:13 AM »
Not sure if I can explain this properly but if I am using registrations to play a song then decide I want to go back to using a style without registations --I can`t.
Obviously doing something wrong but how do I stop using a registration. Genos  keeps using the last registration used no matter what style I select. I have to power off then on again to use a style.
can someone help an idiot please.
Yamaha Genos

Offline Bill

Re: Registrations back to style help needed
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 12:15:07 PM »
Make sure your OTS Link button is illuminated then simply use the styles ‘ variation ‘ OTS buttons.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline tommac

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 01:17:48 PM »
thanks -I`ll check when i get back  to keyboard
Yamaha Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 02:12:04 PM »
Hi Tom,

A single Registration, i.e. what is memorized on one of the registration buttons 1 - 10, is comparable to a snapshot of the current panel settings. You can load a style manually at any time (also directly after loading a registration bank and activating a registration from it) and of course also manually set voices for the keyboard parts (Right1-3, Left). Or you can use the OTS of the loaded style. If you want the style's OTS to be switched automatically (depending on the Main Variation used), make sure that OTS LINK is switched ON. (When working with registrations, OTS LINK should normally be switched OFF, since the current Main Variation and, if desired, an Intro, Fill-in or an Ending are memorized anyway on each Registration button (1 - 10).

The keyboard (in your case the Genos) "remembers" the last used Registration Bank even after a restart and loads it automatically. However, no registration is loaded from it, i.e. no Registration button (1 - 10) is activated. You can always, as described above, simply load a style manually, load keyboard voices manually or activate one of the OTS and play as usual, regardless of which registration bank is loaded in the background (and therefore shown in the display). As long as you do not press any of the Registration buttons (1 - 10), the Registration Memory will not affect your performance.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 11:50:39 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline tommac

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 03:01:22 PM »
thanks --i will give it a go.  ;D
Yamaha Genos

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2023, 05:40:15 PM »
Reading this I am not sure that anyone has answered your question directly. I think what you are asking is how do you de-activate a registration yet still keep playing the style that is in that registration without starting all over.
It is an interesting question because you can’t just switch a registration off by touching the appropriate button, you have to select another.  I could be proven wrong, but I don’t think this can be done in a single step.
If auto OTS is not Active ie OTS light is off, you can then touch one of the OTS setting buttons and that will de-activate the registration ie the registration light goes off. The same style will keep playing, but the keyboard voice settings will then be whatever is set up in that OTS. To change those voices you can then select your own voices from the Home Screen.

Mike

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2023, 08:36:34 PM »
Reading this I am not sure that anyone has answered your question directly. I think what you are asking is how do you de-activate a registration yet still keep playing the style that is in that registration without starting all over.
It is an interesting question because you can’t just switch a registration off by touching the appropriate button, you have to select another.  I could be proven wrong, but I don’t think this can be done in a single step.
If auto OTS is not Active ie OTS light is off, you can then touch one of the OTS setting buttons and that will de-activate the registration ie the registration light goes off. The same style will keep playing, but the keyboard voice settings will then be whatever is set up in that OTS. To change those voices you can then select your own voices from the Home Screen.

Why would you ever need to de-activate a registration? Why not just load what you want to use?

The style is there to use without having to change anything. If you want to use the style's OTS, just press an OTS button, or turn on the OTS Link if you prefer to trigger an OTS through a variation.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons