Author Topic: Recording Problem Tyros 4  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Flip

Recording Problem Tyros 4
« on: August 13, 2023, 03:58:09 PM »
I tried to record a song using the Wav, Simple process.....that I have used many, many times before.  When I tried I got this message:  The number of files/folders exceeds the system limit.  Delete existing files/folders to add new ones. I went to the User Manual page 26 that reads how to do this.....is this the correct process to free up space.....or is there another way?  ????  Flip

Offline Denn

Re: Recording Problem Tyros 4
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 01:47:29 AM »
Hello, Option,  I record all my music to MIDI to the User section. Then record it to wav format onto my H/D Then transfer it to a USB for conversion to MP3. The User section is not great but the H/D is 250Gb. If you want to keep the midi then save it to a USB. Every now and again I clear the user section so that I don't get mixed up. That's my thing  :)  PYS
Regards, Denn.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 03:14:43 AM by Denn »
Love knitting dolls

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 04:21:48 AM »
I tried to record a song using the Wav, Simple process.....that I have used many, many times before.  When I tried I got this message:  The number of files/folders exceeds the system limit.  Delete existing files/folders to add new ones. I went to the User Manual page 26 that reads how to do this.....is this the correct process to free up space.....or is there another way?  ????  Flip

You can delete many files in one operation. Just select more than one.
You can move files to another folder.
Or you can do all this with your PC. Connect a usb cable, then power on in "USB storage mode" (power + music finder button). Your hard drive will look like an external drive to your PC).

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline dE.niz

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2023, 10:08:06 AM »
I create my waves files in the Tyros and then these are copied
to an external drive for further editing with the Reason app.
The MIDI files and WAVs on my external HD are retained
so that the finished song can be adjusted if necessary.
Reason 12 - Logic pro - midi keyboard controller Pcr 800 - Tyros 4 Black - Strat - Uke's .