Author Topic: I500 drum kit misplaying  (Read 961 times)

Offline David Stevenson

I500 drum kit misplaying
« on: August 06, 2023, 05:08:35 PM »
Hello guys I'm new to this group.. having Psr i500 for 6 years and now slightly upgraded to Psr i500. My doubt is when I install any dance Style that always sounds like a standard drum kit but not in dance drum kit or electric drum kit.. how to solve this

Offline overover

Re: I500 drum kit misplaying
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 06:30:47 PM »
Hello guys I'm new to this group.. having Psr i500 for 6 years and now slightly upgraded to Psr i500. My doubt is when I install any dance Style that always sounds like a standard drum kit but not in dance drum kit or electric drum kit.. how to solve this

Hi David,

You (probably mistakenly) mentioned the PSR-I500 twice. Which model did you have before and which model did you upgrade to now? (I'm guessing you previously had a PSR-I500 and now have the relatively new PSR-I300).

P.S.
I moved this thread from the "Hello Everyone" board here to the "PSR-E Series" board as the PSR-I models are largely based on the PSR-E models.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline David Stevenson

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 08:59:24 AM »
Hi David,

You (probably mistakenly) mentioned the PSR-I500 twice. Which model did you have before and which model did you upgrade to now? (I'm guessing you previously had a PSR-I500 and now have the relatively new PSR-I300).

P.S.
I moved this thread from the "Hello Everyone" board here to the "PSR-E Series" board as the PSR-I models are largely based on the PSR-E models.

Best regards,
Chris

Sorry sir I don't know how to reply since I couldn't find any reply button...

Sorry again I was using i425 and now I have purchased i500 both i425 and i500 or like every e and I series couldn't play with dance drum kit...

I don't know how to name it so I call dance drum kit because it's mostly used in dance style categories like dreamdance Ibiza technohouse etc...

When I install a dance style that I downloaded from online or YouTube it plays well except the drum kit..

pls help me sir

Edit 2023-08-15 by overover: Moved reply text out of the quoted text
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 12:40:37 PM by overover »

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 06:08:45 PM »
Here's a suggestion...

Open the style file on a personal computer using the MixMaster program:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/MB/EV_Files/mixmaster.html

Look at style parts 9 and 10, which are usually the rhythm tracks. Identify the drum kit which loaded by Part 9 and/or Part 10. Is the drum kit supported by the PSR-I500? If it isn't supported, edit the style with MixMaster and change it to a supported drum kit. Load the edited style file into your PSR-I500.

Hope this helps -- pj