Author Topic: Styles converted to Yamaha keyboards, in particular KETRON EVENT  (Read 1654 times)

Offline austermax

Hi, friends!

A few days ago I had the opportunity to listen to some styles of the "KETRON EVENT" keyboard. And I was amazed by the authenticity of the arrangements, the intros and endings. Now my question: Do any of you know if anyone has taken the trouble to convert these internal styles of the "KETRON EVENT" into STY files in order to make them usable in Yamaha keyboards. And who is also willing to make them available for download?

Many thanks in advance and musical greetings!
austermax
PSR-SX900

Offline Divemaster

Re: Styles converted to Yamaha keyboards, in particular KETRON EVENT
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 12:30:59 PM »
Hi Austermax.

I don't know of any for the EVENT, but there are a large number of other keyboard styles right here on the site.

https://psrtutorial.com/sty/keyboards/index.html

Have fun.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 01:15:10 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline rattley

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 01:53:56 PM »
Hello

I too have heard those wonderful styles and would love to get them too!!

I installed StyleMagic and just started using it.  Using it meaning learning it.  I think it's gonna be a while until I produce a good style.  So far that program seems exactly what I was looking for. I'm sure to purchase it. 

Those Ketron Event styles are on their newest current keyboard. I'm not sure if you might even find them. If they happen to fall in my lap I would love to try to convert them.  No promises..just great expectations!!  Thanks  -charley

Offline Teknoss

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 12:16:20 AM »
You want the quality of styles of the Ketron Event, without going to the effort of buying that keyboard.

Sorry, you won't be able to use shortcut on this.
There is not a magic formula to get the best, fast and easy with "converters".
The technology that the Event styles have differs a lot from Yamaha's technology, in this case of the Event they are audio loops (not midi data) streaming in real time for each of the 5 audio channels it has, and each one of these channels (guitar for example) were recorded in each of the possible chords, major, minor, diminished etc.

Did you think it would be that easy?
I'm sorry, but keep dreaming.
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

The following users thanked this post: poinsot

Offline poinsot

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 06:27:39 AM »
Bonjour à vous ...
j'ai un SX900 et un Ketron SD9/76 + ssd
Depuis quelques temps j' ai le Style Works 4.99.1  le dernier qui existe
Le concepteur de S.WORKS est décédé il y a quelques Années emportant avec lui une des façons (peut-être) de gérer de l'Audio dans S.W. 
Pour Yamaha le choix dans S.W est SFF1..SFF2 jusqu'à Génos
Pour Ketron le choix s’arrête aux Styles PAT (SD5..8..Midjay+) qui se convertissent directement dans les séries SDxx en Kst
Donc pour moi , oubliez S.Works pour les nouveaux styles à convertir  ...Event ..Pa5x etc...
Bonne musique

Edit: English Translation by Roger Brenizer

Hello to you ...
I have an SX900 and a Ketron SD9/76 + SSD For some time I have the Style Works 4.99.1 the last that exists
The designer of S.WORKS died a few years ago taking with him one of the ways (perhaps) to manage Audio in S.W.
For Yamaha the choice in S.W is SFF1..
SFF2 to Genos
For Ketron the choice stops at PAT Styles (SD5.. 8..Midjay+) that convert directly in SDxx series to Kst
So for me, forget S.Works for new styles to convert... Event .. Pa5x etc...
Good music

Please post in English only, Poinsot, as we are an English speaking forum.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 01:19:58 PM by Roger Brenizer »