Author Topic: Change Genos default start up style  (Read 1468 times)

Change Genos default start up style
« on: July 28, 2023, 04:43:31 PM »
In the months I've been reading this forum and watching YouTube videos I have seen references to creating a "blank" or default template type style for use as an initial start up style.  Now I want to try something like that and I can't find any of the material I have previously viewed.  Could someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction? 
Genos 1     PA5X    Kawai MP7 88

Offline overover

Re: Change Genos default start up style
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 05:30:33 PM »
In the months I've been reading this forum and watching YouTube videos I have seen references to creating a "blank" or default template type style for use as an initial start up style.  Now I want to try something like that and I can't find any of the material I have previously viewed.  Could someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

Hi cyber swine,

Just create a so called Setup Registration that contains your preferred settings and load it always after powering on the Genos. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: cyber swine

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 05:37:37 PM »
Hi cyber swine,

Just create a so called Setup Registration that contains your preferred settings and load it always after powering on the Genos. :)

Best regards,
Chris

I name the registration something like 000Setup, so it’s always first on the display.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 05:40:54 PM »
Thank you Chris and Fred, exactly what I was looking for.  I had forgotten to use the term "Setup Registration" is why I messed up!

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 09:03:41 PM »
Well, okay, almost exactly what I was looking for.  What I wanted to say also is that I would prefer the Genos to start up on a Style chosen by me and not always on SkyPop.  Even using the 0000Setup tag in every conceivable location I'm having no joy in changing the default.  Can it be done?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2023, 09:19:08 PM »
Well, okay, almost exactly what I was looking for.  What I wanted to say also is that I would prefer the Genos to start up on a Style chosen by me and not always on SkyPop.  Even using the 0000Setup tag in every conceivable location I'm having no joy in changing the default.  Can it be done?

You can’t change the default. It is what it is.

What you can do is memorize a different style in your setup registration.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline mikf

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 10:32:11 PM »
You could save your preferred style in the set up registration. Or you can have a second registration with your preferred style in it.
Having said that I don’t know why it is a problem to have the default. You typically change it to whatever you want before you play anything. I have to say that after over 20 years of owning Yamaha arrangers I couldn't even tell you what that default style is without looking. In fact, until someone brought it up on the forum I hadn’t even noticed it was always the same style at start up - because selecting a style is always one of the first things I do after I switch on.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: kevin.dsouza, cyber swine

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2023, 11:40:40 PM »
Thanks again to all for the help, guess I'll stop trying now.  Typically when I start to play I use a strong piano voice to my liking and run through scales, chords, tricky bits etc.  On all the DPs I've owned I have set them to start up where I want them at.... just habit.  No big deal.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2023, 11:52:50 PM »
What's a "DP"?

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Online Michael Trigoboff

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2023, 11:56:56 PM »
My guess is that DP is short for digital piano.
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22