Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

mirroring

(1/1)

micktheplumber:
Hi can anaybody tell me if you can mirror your midi scores to a laptop,i have my laptop connected to Genos via A B printer type cable,and turned mirroring on in Genos display
but cant see any results ,maybe i need usb to hdmi any help welcomed.
thanks Mick

PhotoDoc05:
Mick,
Yes, you certainly can. I started out on my SX-900 by using a USB2.0/HDMI adapter to send the mirror video to a second monitor (a 4K TV) for my desktop PC (Win10).
It worked great, but a disadvantage is that I had to switch that monitor back and forth between the PC, and TV mode. 
Video was fixed at full screen size, which I really didn't want.

It turns out, that instead of sending the signal to a different HDMI port on the TV, all you really need to do is add another HDMI to USB connector to the adapter,
which you can then plug into a USB port on your PC.  Here's the trick -- now run the "Camera" app on your PC (it's part of Windows) and select the correct port.
Now you'll end up with a resizeable window on your PC, and just set it anywhere from Fullscreen to any smaller size. No need to switch back and forth. Clarity is exceptional.

Jerry

micktheplumber:
Thank you for the info ,i had read an article somewhere that said it could be done ,
i use a surface pro running eindows 11 in portrait mode,works for mobile sheets,but it
has a hdmi port,waiting for cable .
Mick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version