Author Topic: mirroring  (Read 1053 times)

Offline micktheplumber

mirroring
« on: July 22, 2023, 09:06:06 AM »
Hi can anaybody tell me if you can mirror your midi scores to a laptop,i have my laptop connected to Genos via A B printer type cable,and turned mirroring on in Genos display
but cant see any results ,maybe i need usb to hdmi any help welcomed.
thanks Mick

Offline PhotoDoc05

Re: mirroring
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023, 12:54:55 PM »
Mick,
Yes, you certainly can. I started out on my SX-900 by using a USB2.0/HDMI adapter to send the mirror video to a second monitor (a 4K TV) for my desktop PC (Win10).
It worked great, but a disadvantage is that I had to switch that monitor back and forth between the PC, and TV mode. 
Video was fixed at full screen size, which I really didn't want.

It turns out, that instead of sending the signal to a different HDMI port on the TV, all you really need to do is add another HDMI to USB connector to the adapter,
which you can then plug into a USB port on your PC.  Here's the trick -- now run the "Camera" app on your PC (it's part of Windows) and select the correct port.
Now you'll end up with a resizeable window on your PC, and just set it anywhere from Fullscreen to any smaller size. No need to switch back and forth. Clarity is exceptional.

Jerry
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

The following users thanked this post: Bill, micktheplumber

Offline micktheplumber

Re: mirroring
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 07:30:30 AM »
Thank you for the info ,i had read an article somewhere that said it could be done ,
i use a surface pro running eindows 11 in portrait mode,works for mobile sheets,but it
has a hdmi port,waiting for cable .
Mick