Author Topic: Lower case upper case  (Read 1033 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

Lower case upper case
« on: July 19, 2023, 07:01:04 PM »
When wishing to duplicate a registration - would merely changing the use of lower case and upper case letters in the spelling eg Bad Leroy BAd Leroy , when saving… would that subtle change in the name be sufficient for the t4 to register the new name as not a duplicate file? The usual way being adding a number after the name ??
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline EileenL

Re: Lower case upper case
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 12:56:06 PM »
Best off adding 2 at the end of the title.

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 02:04:30 PM »
When wishing to duplicate a registration - would merely changing the use of lower case and upper case letters in the spelling eg Bad Leroy BAd Leroy , when saving… would that subtle change in the name be sufficient for the t4 to register the new name as not a duplicate file? The usual way being adding a number after the name ??

Hi sugarplumsss,

Multiple files with the same name are not allowed within a folder. Upper or lower case makes no difference here. To duplicate files (e.g. Registration Bank files) without changing the name, simply copy them to another folder (on the same or another drive).

By the way, two files with the same name in the same folder ARE allowed if they have different icons. So if you keep the filename but change the ICON when saving to the same folder, this would be accepted. The reason is that this changes the so-called Icon ID (e.g. ".S123") in the file name. (The Icon IDs in file names only visible on the computer, not directly on the keyboard.) However, I warn against the method just described of having multiple files with the same name in a folder because this could lead to confusion.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023, 03:05:15 PM »
Genius 🎶🤩
When all is said and done. Use a numeral after the name , correct ?
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2023, 09:55:26 PM »
Yes, a number after the name allows you to have duplicate files. In doing this, you do not overwrite the original file.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...