Author Topic: Save midi song  (Read 725 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

Save midi song
« on: July 17, 2023, 09:25:46 PM »
I’m not clear about saving  midi songs In A folder on THE HD , AS A REGISTRATION.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 10:56:51 PM by sugarplumsss »
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline overover

Re: Save midi song
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 11:14:53 AM »
I’m not clear about saving  midi songs In A folder on THE HD , AS A REGISTRATION.

Hi sugarplumsss,

Changes in MIDI files (e.g. changed voices, part volumes or effects) cannot be saved in Registrations, you have to re-save the MIDI file. To do this, proceed as follows on the Tyros4 (see also the attached screenshot):

After you have made the desired changes to a MIDI file in the Mixing Console ...

- Go to the Song Creator (Digital Recording > Song Creator).

- Go to the "Channel" tab and select "5 Setup" (using the A and B buttons).

- Make sure that below "SELECT" the upper 7 checkboxes are ticked (Voice, ..., EQ) and the lower 5 checkboxes are NOT ticked (Keyboard Voice, ..., Guide Setting).

- Move the Song position to the top of the Song by pressing the SONG [STOP] button.

- Press the [D] button to "EXECUTE". This writes the changes to the MIDI file (in internal memory).

- Press the [I] button to execute "SAVE", i.e. to save the modified MIDI file as a file (e.g. on the internal hard disk or on the connected USB stick). Enter a new/changed filename to keep the previous file or leave the current filename to overwrite the previous file. (The latter can be useful if the MIDI file in question is already used in registrations.)

Hope this helps!

P.S.
If what I have described is not what you actually wanted to know, just get in touch here again.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 11:18:35 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Save midi song
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 08:43:36 PM »

A midi is a file just like a style or a multipad. You save it the same way.

1. If you want to modify an existing registration, load it (let's say it's Button1)
2. Load your midi
3. Press Memory, ensure the MIDI Song box is checked
4. Press Button1
5. Save the registration

The procedure is the same for any file a registration refers to (midis, audio songs, styles, text files, multipads, etc.)

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss