Author Topic: Genos and Mobilesheets Problem Upon Loading a Registration  (Read 4655 times)

Online jdup

Genos and Mobilesheets Problem Upon Loading a Registration
« on: July 14, 2023, 03:25:31 AM »
Since I obtained my Genos two years ago, I have utilized Mobilesheets on a laptop PC, in order to display a .pdf, upon my selection and loading of the registration (or playlist).

It has worked beautifully, until now. All of a sudden, every registration that I load fails to display the .pdf on my laptop PC. i have restarted multiple times, and checked all of the cables. And I have not recently upgraded any software. What did I do, and how can I fix it?

While investigating this problem, I discovered that IF i select the .pdf in Mobilesheets, it immediately pulls up my registration on the Genos. This is the reverse of the way it was before.

Please help me change it back.

Thanks, in advance.

Jim Duprey
Jim Duprey
Genos, Bose S1 Pro (2)
Former Keyboard: PSR-S770

Offline PhotoDoc05

Re: Genos and Mobilesheets Problem Upon Loading a Registration
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 12:30:03 PM »
Jim,

MobileSheets for Windows just received an update on July 12, you might try that version and see if it helps.

I've had MobileSheets for over a year now, and by default, it creates a 2 way path, so that your registration can pull up a .pdf,
OR  choosing a .pdf can call up your registration.  Not sure why it might just stop working, I haven't run into that here, using Windows 10.
Jerry
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

Offline acparker

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 01:28:47 PM »
I recently got a new tablet to replace my ageing 'chromebook' style one, and I had (have?) a similar issue.

I find that I have to go into Settings>MIDI Settings>Configure MIDI Connections and tap on both the MIDI Input Port and MIDI Output Port so that they say (Connected) at the end.  Then things work as expected.

Hope that helps,

Adam

PS.  If you do a lot of annotating/editing in mobilesheets, get yourself a pen, or a tablet with a pen.  Even after just a couple of days, I can't believe I ever did without one.

Offline penquin

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 01:53:24 PM »
I found, a long time ago, that in my setup in order to work the the Genos has to switched on before loading the MobileSheets app. If I switch on pc and MobileSheets and then switch on Genos the registration link doesn’t work.

Online jdup

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2023, 03:20:59 PM »
Thanks Jerry and Adam. I tried your suggestions, but I still have the issue of only 1-way loading,

I wrote to support at Mobilesheets, to see if they can help.  I am open to any other ideas you might have.

Thanks.

Jim Duprey
Jim Duprey
Genos, Bose S1 Pro (2)

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2023, 07:25:25 PM »
OK Jim,

So, just to double check --- in your Settings for "Configure MIDI Connections", do you have a check mark in both boxes for "MIDI Input Devices" and also for "MIDI Output Devices" ?  They both must be selected within the check box.  I guess it's possible that they could have accidentally been de-selected?

Another possibility --- for your MIDI Device, is it selected for "Genos, PSR-SX600/700/900" ?

If they are all set correctly, can you try creating a new Song in Mobile Sheets?  Setup a test registration on your keyboard, and then create a Song with a .pdf, and
verify that you go to the MIDI page, and click on the "chain link" Icon. When you do that you should see 2 Batch commands appear on the screen, and click "OK".

The commands will say "Send on Load" for one, and "Load on Receive" for the other.  That is by default how the 2 directions are enabled.
Hope that might help,   Jerry
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

Online jdup

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2023, 07:32:50 PM »
Good news. I contacted Support@zubersoft.com, and Mike from Zubersoft quickly responded with the words below.

"This is definitely due to a bug I introduced while trying to clean up some code and fix the handling of loading songs through MIDI commands while a setlist is loaded. This will be fixed in version 3.8.8 which is being approved by Microsoft, but it most likely won't be approved until Monday as they don't typically approve updates over the weekend."

Thanks to Jerry, Adam and Penquin for your ideas. I will wit until Monday, since I do not have any gigs this weekend.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Duprey
Genos, Bose S1 Pro (2)

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2023, 07:46:00 PM »
Well that is good news, LOL!  Yes, the developer Mike is very conscientious about responding, he is active on his forum all the time.

In my case, I haven't used "setlists", instead I use "Collections" so that's why I didn't run into this bug.
Good luck,  Jerry

Offline NAMA

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2023, 04:54:44 PM »
Hi Jim, I now have exactly the same problem. It was o.k. for a long time but now it is a 1-way connection as you described.
Do you have a solution already?
Bert
Never too old to learn.
Genos,Korg K49 and CVP709PE

Online jdup

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2023, 04:06:14 AM »
I would make certain that your Mobilesoft is completely up-to-date.

If it is updated, and you still experience that issue, I suggest that you e-mail Support@zubersoft.com, and describe your issue. I am certain they will help you promptly. Mine is back to normal. Thanks.

Jim
Jim Duprey
Genos, Bose S1 Pro (2)

Offline NAMA

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2023, 04:38:01 PM »
To solve my problem of 1-way communication by updating to version 3.8.9. and now have a 2-way communication. But still have aproblem when I select a pdf in Mobilesheets that should correspond with a memory in a registration bank. If, for instance, my Genos is in Registration bank A and I select a pdf that should correspond with Registration bank B Memory 4 then Memory 4 in Registration bank A is selected. So the correct memory number is selected but not the correct bank.
I think it is not caused by Mobilesheets because if I look in Genos into Regist Bank Information the correct banknumber B is given but it still shows the Bank A information. I have to select Bank B ( which is already lighted) again to get the correct memory information and reselect the pdf in Mobile sheets to get the correct memory.
Maybe it is a wrong setting in my Genos but I haven’t found it yet.
Any ideas?
Bert
Never too old to learn.

Online jdup

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2023, 02:07:44 AM »
Bert, whenever I have found a mixed up situation, I <edit> the entry in Mobilesheets, delete the chain links, <save> it, and then create new links and save it again.

I then re-memorize the Registration. You may try this, and see if it helps.

Jim
Jim Duprey
Genos, Bose S1 Pro (2)

Offline NAMA

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2023, 03:32:49 PM »
Bert, whenever I have found a mixed up situation, I <edit> the entry in Mobilesheets, delete the chain links, <save> it, and then create new links and save it again.

I then re-memorize the Registration. You may try this, and see if it helps.

Jim

Hi Jim,
I did so but no changes.
I made 2 new reigistration banks, each with 3 memories and still have the same problem. When selecting a pdf in Mobilesheets the correct registration bank is displayed in the top of the genos display and the correct memorybutton lights up but the loaded registration is the one of the previous registration bank.
I am not sure but I think the problem occured after the connection of a midikeyboard to midi in B which uses midichannel 1.  Laptop with Mobile sheets is connected to host. However if I disconnect the midikeyboard the problem remains the same.
I tried different midichannels for receiving and sending in Mobile sheets without any result.
I really do not know whether this is a problem of Genos or Mobile sheets and need help in this.
Bert
Never too old to learn.

Offline overover

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2023, 05:17:46 PM »
Hi Bert,

Are you sure that you are using the "new" (SysEx) method (Genos/PSR-SX) in Mobile Sheets to link the Registrations?

Please make sure that you don't accidentally use the "old" link method (MSB/LSB/Program Change).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline NAMA

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2023, 06:12:17 PM »
Hi Bert,

Are you sure that you are using the "new" (SysEx) method (Genos/PSR-SX) in Mobile Sheets to link the Registrations?

Please make sure that you don't accidentally use the "old" link method (MSB/LSB/Program Change).

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,
Plaese find attached the pictures of the midi settings in Mobile Sheets. I assume these are correct?
If I check the midi communication in the Genos Receive monitor there are no lights lit when I choose a pdf in Mobile Sheets. I assume this is normal because Mobile Sheets is connected through host input?
Bert
Never too old to learn.

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2023, 10:26:59 PM »
Bert,

I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but it's something you could try.

Your MIDI settings show 1 MIDI Input Device,  and 2 MIDI Output Devices.
I'm taking a guess here, but I don't think you should have 2 Output devices.

Try turning one or the other off, and see if that does it.  I'm using an SX-900, but it should be similar to Genos.
I'm also using the actual MIDI connectors on the SX-900, going to a USB adapter into the PC.

My MIDI Input Device is UM-ONE [1⁣]    and MIDI Output Device is UM-ONE [0⁣]

Hope that may help,     Jerry
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 11:56:24 AM by overover »

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2023, 10:32:30 PM »
Let me try that again! LOL 

Edit  --->   MIDI Inout Device = UM-ONE [1⁣]
                 MIDI Output Dev.  = UM-ONE [0⁣]

Your settings are showing   Input = [0⁣]   and Output = [1⁣]
I don't know if Genos reports the Devices in that order, but it looks like the reverse of mine.
Jerry
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 11:55:48 AM by overover »

The following users thanked this post: NAMA

Offline NAMA

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2023, 11:24:26 AM »
Thanks Jerry,
In the Midi Out Device I had 2 devices turned on (see picture in my previous post). I turned Digital Workstation [2][0] off but the problem remained, however after restarting the Genos the problem disappeared. I had tried this already before but without restarting the Genos. It looks like the Genos always must be restarted if any changes are made in midisettings of Mobile Sheets. All seems to be o.k. now.
Bert
Never too old to learn.

Offline overover

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2023, 11:52:05 AM »
Hi Bert,

I couldn't answer you here yesterday. I also noticed that two devices were activated for MIDI OUT in MobileSheets. "Digital Workstation 1" shoud definitely be activated and "Digital Workstation 2" deactivated.

It is important that SysEx Receive and SysEx Transmit are switched ON on the Genos. This is the case, for example, if one of the preset MIDI templates "All Parts" or "KBD & STYLE" is activated.

On the Genos go to "Menu > MIDI", make sure "All Parts" is selected and then close the MIDI display (touch the X icon or press the EXIT button). This ensures that the activated MIDI template is automatically loaded each time the Genos is restarted.

P.S.
I corrected the formatting issue by using square brackets in two of Jerry's (PhotoDoc05) posts above and removed his third, now obsolete, post.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 12:04:22 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: NAMA

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2023, 12:42:36 PM »
OK Bert,
Good to hear that you're back up and running!

Jerry

Offline NAMA

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2023, 12:47:35 PM »
Thanks Chris and Jerry, I am happy that the problem is solved now. The cause of the problem probably was the recent two updates of Mobile Sheets, first one causing a 1-way communication, second one causing a wrong setting. I informed Mike of Zubersoft about the solution.
Bert
Never too old to learn.