Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > The Next Yamaha Keyboard

New P-series and CSP-series

(1/3) > >>

pjd:

Yamaha have announced even more digital pianos in the last week or so: the P-143/145, P-223/225 and the 2nd gen CSP-200 series digital pianos. These announcements follow the new Piaggeros, CVPs, ...

The new CSPs have exactly one front panel button and rely on the Smart Pianist app to unlock all the internal goodies. The voices and styles are up to the SX700/SX900 level. Amazing!

So, what about all the missing panel buttons like Style Control? It struck me that Yamaha are evolving to "adaptive instruments" as far as digital pianos are concerned. The CSPs and other specific models have AI Full Keyboard recognition and now the CSPs are adding adaptive styles. The instrument follows the player without extra button pressing. Cool.

Anyway, I have yet another post with comments and links:
http://sandsoftwaresound.net/yamaha-csp-gen-2-digital-pianos/
http://sandsoftwaresound.net/yamaha-p-145-and-p-225-digital-pianos/

I can't keep up with these guys!  :D

Take care -- pj

Amwilburn:
Wait til you see the CSP295 in person (it's taller than a CLP785/Nu1x, making it look *really* skinny in person)

*We* weren't even told of the P143/145!?

Mark

Divemaster:
For size reasons, not what I'd buy, but I think prospective buyers whilst doing their homework, would be well advised to check out the Yamaha Android Smart Piano App which this instrument requires, seems to be very poor indeed, and needs to actually work.
The reviews of it on Google Play Store which is the download site, are very poor indeed.
You'd also have to price in the cost of an up to date tablet.

gogo:

--- Quote from: pjd on July 13, 2023, 07:11:27 PM ---
Yamaha have announced even more digital pianos in the last week or so: the P-143/145, P-223/225 and the 2nd gen CSP-200 series digital pianos. These announcements follow the new Piaggeros, CLPs, ...

--- End quote ---
Unless I’ve missed something, the last CLP Yamaha introduced was the 725 in 2021. The 700 series is still current.

My main gripe with the CSP line is namely the absence of front panel buttons. So, to change the style variation, you need to raise your hand up and press an area on the iPad? Besides, the CSP styles feature only 1 intro/ending whereas there are 3 on the PSR keyboards.

In my opinion, the CSP is an overpriced gizmo that does a little of this and a little of that. Guess the target groups is empty nesters with large income who want to learn to play the piano at home - in other words, you earn like €5-6 000 a month and don’t want to pay for a tutor - just follow the falling lights. The ones who can shell out 10 grand for the Grand and show off to their guest how beautifully they play ‘Merry got a little lamb’ with one finger.

Whatever I’ve said so far, I cannot deny these new instruments look beautiful. The 295 (not the Grand) reminds me of the high-end Petroff I played some years ago at the Musikmesse. At €16 000 it was not inexpensive but the sound was big and wonderful.

Now, if only they applied the same beautiful looks to the next series CLPs!

gogo:
Regarding the new P pianos - the 225 and 145 - I do not have high expectations of the keyboard action. The former GHS was slow and clumsy and the goal here was to make an even more compact full-size piano. Weighing in at only 10-11kg - not much more than my PSRS-770 - I could easily take it to a gig. Of course, the weight savings mean they have made compromise with something else - like small 7W speakers and the keyboard action. So in my opinion, it is not an improvement of the previous generation but rather a side step. And the price went up by 50%.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version