Author Topic: Genos key noise  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Hennry

Genos key noise
« on: July 08, 2023, 04:11:28 PM »
Is there some way to reduce the key noise on my Genos.
I wear a hearing aid and obviously everything is amplified. (at the moment the clock on the mantle’s ticking is very noisy).
In the same way the release click of the Genos keys is quite loud and it would be nice if it could be dampened. If I have to live with it, so be it. I’m  going to replace the clock, but not the Genos.

Offline Disposable

Re: Genos key noise
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 05:38:24 PM »
I would get your hearing aid looked at, it shouldn't be so sensitive as to make outside sounds that noisy, my wife has a hearing problem and is trying to find a hearing aid that is not noisy!
Tyros 2, Nektar Impact LX25+, Orion Platinum, Samplitude Music Studio, Various VST instruments, Reaper, Goldwave and good old XG Works

I play the music, but the Cat plays the strings.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 07:09:32 PM »
Good evening,

When we play, it is to listen to the music we produce.
The volume of this one does not seem to bother you unlike the ticking of the clock or the noise of the keys.
Isn't there a contradiction or a fixation?

Christian

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2023, 09:39:19 PM »
I seriously doubt there is anything wrong with the keyboard or your hearing aids. Men, in general, tend to lose the high frequency sounds of the hearing as they age, therefore, most hearing aids for men are tuned to amplify the high frequency sounds so they may be able to hear women speaking, and other sounds in the high range. For me, the hearing aids were particularly helpful when watching movies on TV. I purchased the Bose hearing aids, which I can adjust using my smart phone. The sound of my keyboard keys is almost unnoticeable when not wearing my hearing aids, but when I use them and listening to the onboard speakers, the sound of the S-950 keys sounds like some tapping drum sticks together.

If you wish to deaden this sound, you can purchase strips of Industrial Strength Velcro and attach a strip of the loop side using the attached adhesive to the top side keyboard where the keys strike the case. I did this for a friend with his Tyros2 and it worked like a champ. I am not sure if your keyboard has sufficient clearance to do this, so you will have to make that determination.

Now, if you can tune your hearing aid, you can always cut back on the high frequency sounds, but this will also reduce your ability to hear those high hat sounds and other high frequency instruments in the keyboard.

Of course, there is one other option - buy a high quality headset. Not only will you be able to hear all those sounds better and clearer, you will ultimately block out the key clacks.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2023, 10:50:02 PM »
You will adapt to the amplified over time. I also use hearing aids and have a high frequency loss. Most hearing aids  today have different  listening  programs insalled. Try them out. I have a program for musicians  that dampens some of the unwanted sounds.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 11:41:47 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page