Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Clavinova CVP Digital Pianos

CVP 900 series, detail differences from the 800 series

(1/3) > >>

Kenneve:
Hi guys
Have been looking at p/x my CVP805 for a CVP905 and need to know the detail technical differences between the two models.

Now I know that there is a significant difference with the piano voices and the use of the pedals, but cannot find out whether there is any difference/improvement in the hundreds of other voices listed, or indeed if there are any new features included.

Obviously the brochure lists all these details, but not whether they are improvements/different/additions to the previous model.

Basically, is it worthwhile changing to the new model?

rodrigo.b:
I am a 809 user and I don’t see any difference between this two models. If you need a better piano sound, maybe you can buy a VST instrument.

sorenweiss:
In May I was considering purchasing either the CVP-809GP or the CVP-909GP. Normally I buy the latest model in all electronics (computers, phones, tablets etc) whenever possible.

I was terrified of missing out on something important if choosing the CVP809GP. But at the same time there was a significant discount by choosing the CVP-809-GP.

I went to the local music store to test both instruments and I made the decision to go for the CVP-809GP.

I made this video a few day ago comparing the two instrument: https://youtu.be/ZOhUuvdQMYs

Good luck in choosing the right decision for you ;-)

Whitecolin11:
you mention the 809 is discounted by how much against the 900

mikf:
Not surprising. My experience is that piano voices in particular are pretty good on most models even the 2nd and 3rd level arrangers or electronic piano models and have been for years. Differences are either negligible or a matter of opinion. I have seen people say some  VSTs are in a different league, but I disagree with this as well. The difference is becoming so small most people would never notice.
I keep saying it but keyboard quality is much more important, almost every piano player can instantly pick out better keyboard feel. Then playing quality trumps everything a million percent, everyone can hear that. BTW - I did the same thing when I bought the CVP705, spent ages in the showroom doing exactly what Soren did with the 805 and couldn’t pick out a difference.
By my recollection the price difference was about $1500, maybe more. But it wasn’t all discount, because the 805 had a price increase over the 705. But then they discounted the 705 as well. So difference was big.
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version