Author Topic: How to change LSB number for voice in registration, any software?  (Read 1046 times)

How to change LSB number for voice in registration, any software?

not manual change, is there any software to change LSB number in registration, for voice

Offline overover

Re: How to change LSB number for voice in registration, any software?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 05:55:07 PM »
How to change LSB number for voice in registration, any software?

not manual change, is there any software to change LSB number in registration, for voice

Hi Johnypvable,

I assume you are talking about LSB numbers of the installed Expansion Voices (Custom Normal/Drum Voices with MSB 63/62) (?)

Why exactly do you want to change something here?

Is it about Keyboard Voices (Right1-3, Left) or about Voices in Styles or MIDI files that are called by Registrations?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 11:12:09 AM »
I need it for the expansion voices msb 63 that are saved in the registrations as right 1,2,3 and left,

the reason is because the complete SET-PPF has to be moved to a different number of LSBs in YEM

it would be good if YEM would automatically change the LSB number of custom voice Right 1,2,3 and Left in the registration when the PPF location in YEM changes

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 03:53:41 PM »
I need it for the expansion voices msb 63 that are saved in the registrations as right 1,2,3 and left,

the reason is because the complete SET-PPF has to be moved to a different number of LSBs in YEM

it would be good if YEM would automatically change the LSB number of custom voice Right 1,2,3 and Left in the registration when the PPF location in YEM changes

Hi Johnypvable,

If you import an Expansion Pack into the YEM, it will automatically be assigned the lowest free LSB. Therefore, the original LSB of the pack can change if you e.g. delete a pack in the YEM, then import another pack and then import the previously deleted pack again.

The easiest way to correct this, so that the Registrations that used the relevant Expansion Voices (MSB 63 and 62) work again, is to move the Pack(s) back to the original LSB.

To see the current LSB assignment of the packs, click on the ">" icon next to "My Packs" in the YEM and then on "Change Bank Select LSB". All packs have a gray background here, except for the pack that was previously selected. You can now drag THIS pack to another LSB with the mouse.

If the target LSB is not free, close the LSB window again and then select the pack to be moved. Then you click again on "Change Bank Select LSB" and move this pack to another LSB.

Now close the LSB window again, select the pack that you want to move to the free LSB, click again on "Change Bank Select LSB" and move this pack to the now free LSB. The current assignment is saved when the LSB window is closed. Also see the attached screenshot.

The desired Expansion content must now be reinstalled on the keyboard, i.e. select all desired packs in the YEM, create a new Pack Install file (.ppi/.cpi) and install it on the instrument.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 04:17:13 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline ckobu

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 04:02:36 PM »
The procedure that Chris explained is the best way to solve the problem. You can watch the video where I showed that process.

https://youtu.be/BUogEjIhsGo?t=231

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2023, 09:16:21 AM »
thank you for your help,
the problem was with the voices that were saved from the user on registration, they could not work when the LSB number was changed. 
Greetings