Author Topic: Strange audio problem  (Read 1863 times)

Offline jpcoco

Strange audio problem
« on: June 28, 2023, 06:58:59 PM »
I have just noticed that the audio signal from my Genos has suddenly weakened, less volume, less bass and less treble, this both with the headphones and with the amp. I did a factory reset and installed the latest firmware but that didn't change anything. Can you help me?
Jean Paul
Genos + Yamaha MFC10
Arturia Keylab MKII + Analog Lab

Offline mikf

Re: Strange audio problem
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 07:30:29 PM »
Start by checking connections, and connectors.
Mike

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 08:11:50 PM »
Mike's absolutely correct, jpcoco. Always suspect cabling first. Make sure you turn the volumes to zero after swapping out cables. If this makes no difference, please provide full details of your system including: makes and models of all devices, the existing signal path, types of cables, and any other information you can think of no matter how far fetched you think it is. For example, if it only happens when you eat tuna fish, include that 🤣! You never know!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline jpcoco

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 06:10:25 AM »
Thank you for your reply. I disconnected all the cables and did the test with two different headphones. It didn't change anything. So I have contacted Yamaha support and am awaiting a response.
Jean Paul
Genos + Yamaha MFC10

tyrosman

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2023, 09:05:57 AM »
i would check your volumes ie style and voice  volumes also your master eq

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2023, 12:28:35 PM »
If the Master Compressor gets switched off or the settings get changed accidentally to "weaker values" that can also make a significant difference to the output.
John   

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2023, 02:15:48 PM »
Thank you for your reply. I disconnected all the cables and did the test with two different headphones. It didn't change anything. So I have contacted Yamaha support and am awaiting a response.
So, you're using headphones only? That's fine but if you want our help, provide all details. Perhaps screen shots of all your mixer settings. Yamaha may take weeks to reply, if they do at all.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2023, 03:52:12 PM »
I have just noticed that the audio signal from my Genos has suddenly weakened, less volume, less bass and less treble, this both with the headphones and with the amp. I did a factory reset and installed the latest firmware but that didn't change anything. Can you help me?

Hi jpcoco,

I recommend checking/ensuring the following:

1. If an Expression Pedal (FC7) is connected that controls the volume of certain (or all) parts, make sure the pedal is fully depressed, or try unplugging the pedal.

2. Make sure the "Keyboard Volume" (KbdVol) parameter is set to the maximum value of 127. By default, this parameter is assigned to Slider #9 when Assign Type 1 is selected for the sliders.

3. Make sure the Initial Touch Curve is set to your preferred preset. (On Genos, I recommend using "Easy 2".)

4. In the Style Setting make sure the "Dynamics Control" parameter is OFF.

5. Make sure the Master EQ is set to your preferred setting (e.g. Flat or your previously saved user setting).

6. Make sure the Master Compressor is ON and set to "Natural" for standard applications. If necessary, you can turn up the "Output" parameter in the Master Compressor display a little to increase the overall volume. But please do not overdo this, otherwise there is a risk of internal digital clipping.

7. Also make sure that the Crossfader (which controls the balance between MIDI and AUDIO player) is set to the middle position by default.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 04:09:49 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2023, 07:07:32 PM »
One more recommendation - perform a minor system reset by holding down the rightmost white key while powering up.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline jpcoco

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2023, 04:58:00 PM »
Thank you for your precious help which allowed me to solve the problem, I tried all  the tips and everything is ok !
Jean Paul
Genos + Yamaha MFC10

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2023, 05:30:46 PM »
Thank you for your precious help which allowed me to solve the problem, I tried all  the tips and everything is ok !

Thanks for your feedback, jpcoco! I'm glad that your problem could be solved.

Did you find out what the main reason was? I suspect it was because the mentioned "Keyboard Volume" parameter was unknowingly lowered, possibly by loading a registration in which a low Keyboard Volume value is/was memorized.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 05:31:54 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline jpcoco

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2023, 07:16:23 AM »
Hi Chris,

I actually think the problem was of the Keyboard Volume modified by a registration.
Thank again for your help

Jean Paul
Jean Paul
Genos + Yamaha MFC10

Offline overover

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2023, 10:33:24 AM »
Hi Chris,

I actually think the problem was of the Keyboard Volume modified by a registration.
Thank again for your help

Jean Paul

Thanks again for your feedback, Jean Paul!

Best regards,
Chris

tyrosman

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2023, 12:02:56 PM »
If the Master Compressor gets switched off or the settings get changed accidentally to "weaker values" that can also make a significant difference to the output.
John   
hi John hows things that is what i was telling him to do other things like stlys and voice volumes and the Keyboard volume can effect this as well :)

tyrosman

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2023, 12:04:28 PM »
thanks for getting back glad your problem is solved