Author Topic: Mac OS and Songbook Plus  (Read 1035 times)

Mac OS and Songbook Plus
« on: June 22, 2023, 07:47:41 PM »
I stopped using my iPad for scores some time go in favour of the larger screen real estate of an iMac.  Now I have a Genos and I see that Songbook Plus v6.1.2. should work on the Mac OS so I have read and searched forever to link Songbook + to my saved registries.  No matter what I do (I am a retired IT pro) I cannot avoid the dreaded "Error Linking to Yamaha Registration Bank".  FWIW I have MIDI in and out indicators blinking all the time in Songbook.  So.... using what I learned I tried it out on the iPad Pro and had instant success with all my registries in my playlist working both ways.  Fantastic and awesome!  But I really want to use the Mac and I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience or success? 
Genos 1     PA5X    Kawai MP7 88

Re: Mac OS and Songbook Plus
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 07:55:15 PM »
So after a month or so and a couple hundred reads of this post I thought I would share the only answer I have found should anyone ever care.  No help from SongBook on this  :(   The path to follow on the Mac OS is Audio Midi Setup - Midi Studio - MIDI NETWORK SETUP.  That last screen is hard to find but makes the magic happen although I have found no way to save or memorize the settings so it does need to be set up for each use. Only takes a moment and the wireless connection is flawless.  No changes are required to the Midi Studio screen, the default works fine for me.

The following users thanked this post: MadrasGiaguari

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 02:06:28 AM »
Dear CyberSwine,

this post is out of topic, I know. But understanding that you are vey familiar with IT and also with Mac OS, i like to pose a question.

I have a Genos and a Macbook. I would love to may enjoy a software to edit Styles and organize Registrations on my MacBook. Presently i do both directly on Genos, but you may appreciate how long it takes to do even small things.

In the past I had many Korg arrangers (i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x) and this kind of skill was extremely easier and I never felt the need for an external software.

Could you kindly suggest any software running on Mac (if any...)?

Thank you in any case, at least for you attention.

Ciao

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023, 06:15:31 PM »
Sorry Angelo, this Genos is my first arranger and is still new to me.  Every little thing takes me an age to do and then to do again correctly.  The way things are going I may not be able to assist you or anyone else for years to come  :-[