Author Topic: Mixing my voice after I have recorded music  (Read 1048 times)

Offline dupakos

Mixing my voice after I have recorded music
« on: June 14, 2023, 11:02:00 AM »
Hello friends
Is it possible to record my music and then after to mix my singing ?
And all this to be recorded as a .wav file ?
Please do not suggest me any software
Just tell me if this is possible with Genos only
Thanks

Offline DerekA

Re: Mixing my voice after I have recorded music
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 12:09:27 PM »
Yes, you would do this as an audio multi track on the Genos.

Although it's called "multi" there are actually only 2.

After you've recorded your keyboard performance as a MIDI file, you'd set up an audio multi track, then play back the MIDI file recording it to the main Audio track.

Then you'd record your vocal on the sub

Then you'd create a single mixdown file that merges both the main and sub audio tracks.

This is all covered in the manuals but if you need details I'm sure someone will help you.
Genos

The following users thanked this post: dupakos

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 12:27:04 PM »
Hi dupakos,

Instead of using Audio Multi Recording as described by Derek, you could also work like this:

First, record the song using MIDI Quick Recording. If necessary, you can edit the song in MIDI Multi Recording and/or record additional MIDI tracks (channels) there.

Now play back the finished MIDI file and record it as an audio file with Audio Quick Recording. If you sing along, the singing will also be recorded in the audio file (.wav).

It's best to do a few shorter takes first to ensure that the sound and volume of the vocals in the audio recording are in balance with the keyboard sound, because you can't change this in the finished audio recording afterwards.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: dupakos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 01:41:26 PM »
Yes Chris that is the best way to do it. Always works for me.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2023, 08:16:16 PM »
It's best to do a few shorter takes first to ensure that the sound and volume of the vocals in the audio recording are in balance with the keyboard sound, because you can't change this in the finished audio recording afterwards.

Whereas .... if you record the vocal to the sub track, you can alter the balance between the two tracks before mixing down.
Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2023, 09:45:58 PM »
Whereas .... if you record the vocal to the sub track, you can alter the balance between the two tracks before mixing down.

Yes, that's right, Derek. Yes, that's right. However, you can only correct the vocal volume balance afterwards, but not the vocal sound and/or the vocal effect/VH sound if necessary. Both methods mentioned have their advantages and disadvantages. ;)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)