Author Topic: USB Use  (Read 1217 times)

Offline ivy silk

USB Use
« on: June 14, 2023, 04:54:51 AM »
Hi everyone I live in far north Queensland Australia, I have a Tyros 2, which needs repairs, and a PSR E473. I have been coming to PSR tutorial for a few years, and have saved many styles from the wonderful people that make them, thank you to all. I have a query if anyone can help please.  Can anyone tell me please if there are any other Yamaha keyboards besides the Tyros ones, that can play Styles from a USB pen drive directly onto the keyboard without loading them onto the keyboard.  I love my Tyros 2, but unfortunately it no longer plays at all, the screen faded, and the USB at the front doesn't work. with the PSR E473, I can only load 10 Styles from the USB memory stick, and I would like a keyboard that can do the same as the Tyros 2, which is playing saved styles on a USB drive directly on the keyboard.  I do hope I have explained this okay.  Thank you. Ivy.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: USB Use
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 05:11:13 AM »
Most PSR models play styles from the USB. It’s only the E-series that has the limitation you mentioned.

cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline ivy silk

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 05:51:52 AM »
Thank you very much Fred, I didn't know that, I am thinking of buying a PSR S670, or PSR SX600, if I can get one at a good price. I would really like to get another Tyros 2 or 3, but the prices are still quite high here in Australia. Cheers, Have a great day.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 06:43:53 AM »
Hi Ivy Silk,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member. I’m sure you'll learn a lot about your Tyros 2 and PSR-473 keyboards here on our forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing them.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there. The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

https://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so. You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend, Peter (XeeniX) and maintained by another good friend, Runner4Fun, which presently contains 109,375 song titles in 2,862 indexed books. This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the website’s resources, which can be found at the following link:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family. If you have any questions, then please just ask. Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2023, 11:33:23 AM »
Hi Ivy
I understand your reluctance to move on from your loved Tyros 2 but look at it a different way.

All the Tyros models are now very old, and as both you and I found out, nothing lasts forever. It's older technology now, and although the Tyros series were all great, you realistically only have 4 possibilities.

It May be worth getting somebody to try and fix it for you. Probably economically a complete waste of money.
Or buy a Tyros 3/4/5.

Sell it, as is for the spare parts. Sell the  E473 too to realise more funds. It's a very poor substitute for a Tyros.

Buy a newer PSR-SX 700 with the touch screen.

I too bought an E473....frankly it was a bad buy, it's a toy, so I sold it. But the more advanced SX models are just amazing, awesome in fact, and fun to play too.

I wouldn't buy old technology, because to me you're throwing money away unless you know how the previous owner used it, or, you find new old stock never used.,and now, having a touch screen SX700 I wouldn't ever go back to a manual entry keyboard.

Go treat yourself.... Life's too short...

Keith
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 08:53:51 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner