Author Topic: Right1 Right2 RIght3  (Read 802 times)

Offline Floodie

Right1 Right2 RIght3
« on: June 11, 2023, 06:05:08 PM »
Sometimes I can turn on all three Right voices, but Right3 makes no sound.
Example
R1-> Piano
R2-> Bright Piano
R3-> Miami Strings

When I play, R3 makes no sound. I only hear R1 and R2. All the lights are on, and volumes are at 100.

What am I missing?

Offline ckobu

Re: Right1 Right2 RIght3
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 06:09:02 PM »
This happens when you have Split set for Right 3. Check in the settings Direct Access > Auto Fill in

https://youtu.be/WXKmjR68Dz4?t=549
Watch my video channel

Offline Floodie

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 06:16:24 PM »
Very good answer ckobu! Much appreciated.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 07:45:05 PM »
Hi Floodie,

For the sake of completeness, here is the following information: In order to play all three Right parts at the same time, i.e. to layer them, the Right split point must be set exactly one semitone higher than the Left split point.

By the way, Style and Left split points are usually set to the same note, but you could set the Left split point to a higher note to create a separate keyboard section for the Left Part (between the Chord Detection section and the Right section).

The default Split Point setting is as follows:

Style: F#2
Left: F#2
Right3: G2

Caution: If you were to set the R3 split point "one semitone too high", i.e. to G#2 in this example, the result would be that when the R3 part was switched on, the R1 and R2 parts would only be heard on one note (G2), i.e. R3 quasi "mutes" R1 and R2.

Also note that the split points are always automatically memorized in Registrations (Style and Left split points when "Style" is ticked, Right3 split point when "Voice" is ticked). Registrations that contain deviating split points will therefore change your current split points. The only way to avoid this is to lock the split points in "Parameter Lock". Then you can only change the split points manually directly in the split point setting display (quickly call up with "Direct Access > Auto Fill In" or "Direct Access > ACMP").

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)