Author Topic: PSR SX600 Call up playlists  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Saintade

PSR SX600 Call up playlists
« on: June 09, 2023, 03:43:08 PM »
Hi, I have made 2 playlists on my SX600, and I know pressing the Playlist button brings up the last used one as default. Been trying for ages to load the other one but failed every time. It is in the folder, but how do you load a different playlist than the one defaulted? Really struggling with this. Thanks for help!

Offline overover

Re: PSR SX600 Call up playlists
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 04:13:55 PM »
Hi Saintade,

I don't own an SX600. I suppose you have to press "Option" (display buttons 8 ) and then probably "Select & Save" to call up the Playlist File Selection display, where you can select another Playlist file. You should also be able to go to another folder or drive there if needed.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Online EileenL

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2023, 11:26:07 PM »
When you press Playlist the name of the one loaded will show at the top of the page.
 Press this and then select where you have the file stored you want to use and press to select. Now press playlist again to open the file.

Offline Saintade

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 04:17:12 PM »
Hi, you say 'Press this' but press what? I can see the name of the playlist I have at the top but how to you load another one? I know where it is but I can't find a button to load it - is it 'List' or 'Search' etc? All of which I've tried but I can't navigate to the saved playlist.....

Offline Saintade

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 04:57:25 PM »
Wow, I've finally sussed out how to it...how complicated is that? Wow. You press 'select and save' and I assumed that just saved over the top - perhaps a 'Load' button as well might be more useful Yamaha!

Online EileenL

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 05:07:34 PM »
On my SX900 you press the name of the file you have loaded which shows in top centre of page and that opens a page for you to select USB1 and find your file you are looking for. Just select the file you want and it will now show as current Play List
Press Play list button and this opens the file.

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2023, 05:31:23 PM »
Hi Saintade,

Eileen's description obviously refers to SX700/900/Genos. These have a touchscreen operation. There you touch (press) the text box with the name of the currently loaded Playlist to bring up the Playlist File Selection display.

However, the operation of the SX600 is completely different. Already in my first post above I was almost sure that after selecting "Option" you can call up the Playlist File Selection display (also called "Open & Save display"). I'm glad you found out how it works. :)

P.S.
There is also an entry for the Playlist function in the Direct Access Chart in the SX600 Owner's Manual. So please press "Direct Access > Playlist" buttons. This may open the Playlist File Selection display directly.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 05:33:40 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 03:09:14 PM »
I recently received my new DGX-670 and will receive my SX600 in two weeks from now. ;D

It would be a dream if I could only use the 88 note keybed of the DGX-670 to play both keyboards. Wishful thinking ?

01. Will all 88 keys of the DGX-670 work to play
       the SX600 ( styles, multipads and voices ) ?
02. How to connect both keyboards to get the best
       results ?

Your reply, your help and your suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Best wishes, JH
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 03:21:00 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2023, 05:02:42 PM »
hi Jeff,
It's impossible to connect these two keyboards as master/slave (so you could control one keyboard with another one). Reason is simple: they don't have midi connections.
The only connection that's possible is audio connection. For example, connecting audio output on both keyboards to a mixer and then listen on common external speakers.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2023, 05:58:50 PM »
I recently received my new DGX-670 and will receive my SX600 in two weeks from now. ;D

It would be a dream if I could only use the 88 note keybed of the DGX-670 to play both keyboards. Wishful thinking ?

results ?

Thank you in advance.
Best wishes, JH

Hi Jeff,

As already mentioned by Bogdan, the DGX-670 and SX600 both have no DIN MIDI terminals, only USB-MIDI. It is not possible to establish a direct USB-MIDI connection between these two keyboards, external devices are required for this.

At the moment I can think of the following options:

1. Connect the USB-to-Host terminals of both keyboards to the computer and use a MIDI routing program there to establish the desired MIDI connection(s).

2. Connect both keyboards to a powered USB hub connected to a smartphone or tablet and use a MIDI routing app there.

3. Connect each keyboard to a USB MIDI HOST box. (So ​​you need a total of 2 such boxes.) Establish the desired MIDI connection between the two USB MIDI HOST boxes with a standard 5-pin MIDI cable (DGX-670 OUT > SX600 IN).
>>> https://www.thomann.de/gb/miditech_usb_midi_host.htm

There are other options, e.g. MIDI interfaces with internal routing options to which the USB-to-Host terminals of both keyboards can be connected (directly or via an additional USB Hub). But that would be going too far here at the moment...

The required MIDI settings on both keyboards are pretty simple: On the DGX-670 you use one of the preset MIDI templates "All Parts" or "KBD & Style" so that the keyboard data is transmitted on Port 1 Channel 1. On the SX600 you create a User MIDI template in which RECEIVE Port 1 Channel 1 is set to the "Keyboard" part. Then you can use the DGX-670's keyboard to control the SX600 exactly as you would with the internal SX600 keyboard.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 06:01:06 PM by overover »

The following users thanked this post: BogdanH, kevin.dsouza

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2023, 07:12:04 PM »
Just reading your signature again, Chris  :)

Joke aside, it's interesting to know that there IS solution (actually more than one). I personally prefer 3rd solution, because it doesn't involve PC/tablet/smartphone... but man, a lot of cabling is needed!

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2023, 07:15:03 PM »

results ?

Thank you in advance.
Best wishes, JH

As Chris has already stated, it *is* possible if you're willing to purchase extra midi hubs or route through a pc, as the DGX670 simply doesn't have a 5 pin midi out to run a slave arranger (in this case PSRsx600). But since they're actually the same chip (with the exception of the sx600 having ~98 mb of sample space, and a Latin sample pack (Brazillian I believe), most of the China pack, and a few sounds from the Oriental (Middle East) pack already pre-installed (ROM, not RAM, so you can't erase it); the piano, drums, strings, guitars etc are all the same otherwise.

So if you're taking them out to perform, why not simply bring the DGX?

Mark

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2023, 07:22:16 PM »
Hey Bogdan, Chris and Mark :

Many thanks for your clear explanation and feedback.
WOOOOW !😀😀😀

I learned a lot again ... 👍👍👍

BTW ...
I have 2 pcs audio/midi interfaces ( external sound cards ).
Both have 2x midi and 2x audio in- and outputs.
Are they usable ?

Might a combination of these interfaces bring a solution to solve this " problem " ? 🤪

Plse advise. Many thanks, Jeff

« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 07:24:17 PM by Jeff Hollande »