Author Topic: Quick audio recording  (Read 960 times)

Offline mhack

Quick audio recording
« on: June 09, 2023, 02:24:35 AM »
Is it possible to record from phonograph headphone mini out to mini Aux in/quick audio recording on sx900?
Thanks
Mike

Offline overover

Re: Quick audio recording
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 07:54:20 AM »
Is it possible to record from phonograph headphone mini out to mini Aux in/quick audio recording on sx900?
Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes, with the SX900 the audio signal fed in via the AUX IN jack can be recorded with Audio Quick Recording.

By "Phonograph" you probably mean the Android app of the same name. To connect the 3.5 mm mini headphone jack of a smartphone to the SX900's AUX IN jack, use an audio cable with 3.5 mm mini TRS plugs on both ends (as shown on page 103 of the SX900 Owner's Manual for a portable MP3 player).

By the way, you set the volume for the AUX IN signal directly on the external audio player/smartphone and on the SX900's Mixer display (Panel > Page 2). In addition, the AUX IN volume is also affected by the Master Volume dial.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: mhack

Offline mhack

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 03:30:56 PM »
Thanks, Chris! What meant is three speed record player. The one I have has a headphone jack connection. I have found a 78 rpm record of my DAD doing a live remote of his daily morning show on KOSY Radio in Texarkana, Texas, circa 1950. It was recorded from the station studio on a Audiodisc blank, Electric Transcription disc. I want to come out of the headphone into AUX IN on sx900.
Mike

Offline Dupe

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 04:46:48 PM »
@mhack, you may have to juggle a little with the volume level at the headphones output jack. If the sound level is too high, it may distort the recording. Dupe

The following users thanked this post: TheBitfiddler, mhack

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 05:05:22 PM »
Thanks, Chris! What meant is three speed record player. The one I have has a headphone jack connection. I have found a 78 rpm record of my DAD doing a live remote of his daily morning show on KOSY Radio in Texarkana, Texas, circa 1950. It was recorded from the station studio on a Audiodisc blank, Electric Transcription disc. I want to come out of the headphone into AUX IN on sx900.
Mike

Thanks for clarification, Mike!

It should also work with this turntable (record player) if you use its Headphone output. Many older turntables only had an output for connecting to the so-called "Phono" input of a hi-fi system. In order to record such an output with the SX900, a suitable so-called "phono preamplifier" would have to be connected in between.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 05:08:44 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: mhack

Offline mhack

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2023, 07:56:18 PM »
Thanks to all!
Mike