Author Topic: GENOS Speakers No Longer Used  (Read 1697 times)

Offline johnzutzbg

GENOS Speakers No Longer Used
« on: July 01, 2023, 09:40:23 PM »
I hope this is being posted in the right page of the forum.

My Genos speakers started dropping out about three weeks ago. Ended up getting a used pair from Sweetwater, they still were dropping out.
After another set was delivered, it was determined that it was probably the GENOS and not the speakers (probably the pinset where the cable goes in).

I got some LOGITECH Z623 and the cable, and they work well.

However, I seem to remember that there was a setting on the GENOS that I had set to the GNS-MSO1 for output.
I could be wrong, but is there this setting somewhere. I can't find it. I want to change it to something for generic for the Logitech speakers.

Thanks!
JOHN

Offline EileenL

Re: GENOS Speakers No Longer Used
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 12:05:47 AM »
No there isn't a setting.
  Just plug your speakers into the Line Out R and R/L at the back of Genos. Do not use the MS01 speaker sockets.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 11:49:19 AM »
I had to get a new cable for the Genos speaker set. Have you tried that?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 03:17:56 PM »
I think you are talking about the lead that goes from the Sub Woofer to Genos. This has a din plug and you have to be very careful putting it in or you will damage the pins. You can buy new cables.

Offline rcca

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2023, 01:54:43 AM »
You are so right! When I got my Genos I was very nervous hooking up the 8pin cable, took me 2-3 tries, I tried not to be in a hurry,Wow! glad that was over.
Cyber Power Intel Extreme, Military MB 4.0/4.5 CPU turbo, 12 GB Memory, GPU Gigabytes 1060 6GB Ram Desktop
Yamaha GENOS 76-Key Flagship Arranger, Technics KN6000

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2023, 09:51:52 AM »
You might be thinking about one of the master EQ / compressor presets, which I think was for the matching speakers. But that might have been on the Tyros.
Genos