Author Topic: How many players using Audio Link Multipads?  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Dnj

How many players using Audio Link Multipads?
« on: June 02, 2023, 07:35:34 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udx56RoLhGw&t=280s

In this Martin Harris demo at 5:15 you can see & hear how it works..
The options are endless..
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 11:08:42 PM by Dnj »

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, stevem

Offline travlin-easy

Re: How many plyers using Audio Link Multipads?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 08:00:34 PM »
Martin Harris continues to delight me with his demos. That SX-900 is incredible and I hope to pirate the styles. Lots of really neat styles to work with.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Simone1972

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 08:13:34 PM »
I am using these audio multipads.
They can be useful for many purposes:
- adding a singer to the execution (like in the demo)
- adding background effects (e.g. stadium crowd)
- opening a song with the original intro

I agree that Martin Harris use several styles and sounds not picked "off the shelf" from the factory data....

I am amazed by the choir sound used in the joystick demo portion... which voice is it?

Regards

The following users thanked this post: rezaazadi1361

Offline ton37

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 08:53:41 PM »
Hi, I frequent do. As @dnj and @simone1972 said, the possibilities are endless. Allow me to show an example: I integrated a famous part of the voice (from YT: Yves Montand ..) in my playing. If you are interested: pls. follow the link (at the start and at 2.15 m ) https://soundcloud.com/myguitarsong/les-feuilles-mortes-2?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing  ;)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 08:24:10 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Dnj

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2023, 03:52:54 PM »
ton37 Thank you it was very enjoyable to listen to the use of the audio & style.. 8)

The following users thanked this post: ton37

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2023, 06:13:24 PM »
I used it once. Needed a particular wind sound in the background. Since we cannot not loop an audio pad, I found a nearly 2 minute wind sound online which was long enough for my purposes. Also since the pitch doesn’t change with the accompaniment, like the normal pads do, I am struggling to think of other uses for it for how I like to play. I don’t typically use audio vocals as the Martin Harris video demonstrates, however there are possibilities for me using audio instrumental solos.

Rich
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 06:20:10 PM by p$manK32 »
SX900, MODX7+

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2023, 06:26:47 PM »
I am amazed by the choir sound used in the joystick demo portion... which voice is it?

It’s one of the boy’s choir ah voices, or the ah-ooh combo voice that’s modulated with the joystick hold in that video.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 06:34:03 PM by p$manK32 »
SX900, MODX7+

Offline andyg

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2023, 08:52:03 PM »
Often is the short answer! It's a very useful feature. For example, I play Pennsylvania 6-5000 with the words being shouted by the band on the original Glenn Miller recording.

And remember that when making MIDI pads, the number of sounds, effects etc that you can use is limited. The easy workaround is to record the desired voice, effects, playing techniques etc as an audio song. That can, if required, be exported, normalised or processed in an app like Audacity and then loaded back in, whereupon you can link to the imported song file as an audio multi pad.

I've had students do this and I do the same on the Genos. I need a muted trumpet with pitch bends, growl and wah-wah for one piece. OK, pitch bend is easy and I can use a combination of cut-off, resonance and the mod wheel on an SA or SA2 trumpet for the wah-wah, but the growl will have to be done in the computer. As I  don't want the reverb to growl, I'll record it on keyboard with no reverb and add it in Audacity.

As for looping audio files, with a bit of practice, this can also be done successfully in Audacity
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2023, 12:58:35 PM »
 :)
Hello

Yes have used it multiple occasions all the way from "beam me up Scotty"   to airport ambiences, champagne pops,
to Laurel and Hardy,, this is a fine mess you got me into",  also had to do a twilight zone piece for a local play and used it.
You tube and google are full of audio files,, just record them with the microphone and upload.   One of the most entertaining
and non difficult features for me.

https://app.box.com/s/4yk6o1eksrszxufn6k9k6r810491xjdo
here it is if someone wants to hear those laurel and hardy audios...   Tale of the LOnesome Pine from way out west.
cheers
elaine
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 01:08:41 PM by motekmusic »
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Offline jaebea

Re: How many players using Audio Link Multipads?
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2023, 09:16:04 PM »
I love using the Multipads!  I lead worship in a small church and my SX900 is the only instrument so anything I can do to make a richer, fuller sound, I will try and implement.  Thank you for posting the Martin Harris Demo.  So much good stuff in there...got my creative juices flowing!  ;D

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2023, 10:28:48 AM »
DNJ

I use them all the time to add vocals from original artists to my playing.
They work great, timing is the trickiest part.

Rick D.

Offline Dnj

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2023, 07:47:06 PM »
Thank you for the replies,....I agree yes indeed using all the onboard tools we can to enhance our sound in any way we can is certainly a plus.. it's also a very creative way to make the song your own too.