Author Topic: How could I reduce the volume of a pad? SX700  (Read 1265 times)

Offline dupakos

How could I reduce the volume of a pad? SX700
« on: June 02, 2023, 01:54:51 PM »
Hello Friends
Any help ?!

Offline overover

Re: How could I reduce the volume of a pad? SX700
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 02:54:05 PM »
Hi dupakos,

are you talking about an Audio Link Multi Pad (that plays a WAVE file) or a MIDI Multi Pad?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline dupakos

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 02:58:25 PM »
sorry I forgot to clarify, I'm talking about the preset pads
the MIDI Multi Pads

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 05:21:26 PM »
Hi dupakos,

As you probably know, you can set the volume for all 4 Multi Pads (MP) of a MIDI MP Bank together in the Mixer (Panel page). This setting can also be memorized in Registrations (or OTS).

- To change the volume of individual pads of a MIDI MP Bank, first load the desired MP Bank and then go to "[MENU > [M.Pad Creator] > [MIDI Multi Pad Recording]".

- Make sure the desired pad (1 - 4) is selected and then touch the "StepEdit" icon.

- Now find the entry "Volume / Ctrl #7" in the event list (one of the first entries at the beginning of the list) and change the current value of this controller event to set the desired volume for the current pad.

- If necessary, repeat this procedure for the other pads in this bank.

- Finally, touch "Save" and save the edited MP bank in the User drive or on the connected USB stick.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 12:37:43 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: dupakos

Offline dupakos

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 05:31:02 PM »
As you probably know, you can set the volume for all 4 Multi Pads (MP) of a MIDI MP Bank together in the Mixer (Panel page). This setting can also be memorized in Registrations (or OTS).
There is no such thing in sx700..from the Mixer I can ONLY mute the pad,,

Offline dupakos

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2023, 05:34:13 PM »
- To change the volume of individual pads of a MIDI MP Bank, first load the desired MP Bank and then go to "[MENU > [M.Pad Creator] > [MIDI Multi Pad Recording]".
- Now find the entry "Volume / Ctrl 7" in the event list (one of the first entries at the beginning of the list) and change the current value of this controller event to set the desired volume for the current pad.
I did all these steps but see nowhere "Volume / Ctrl 7" ?!? Although there is a column which refers to the volume of every note ,,but it is too much work to change the volume for EVERY note !?! :( ..Sorry for my english

« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 05:40:53 PM by dupakos »

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2023, 05:41:37 PM »
There is no such thing in sx700..from the Mixer I can ONLY mute the pad,,

Please see the attached screenshot. :)

Best regards,
Chris

Offline dupakos

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2023, 05:53:19 PM »
Thank you my friend ,,I was looking at "M.Pad" and not at "Panel" :) Thanks a lot !!

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2023, 05:53:30 PM »
I did all these steps but see nowhere "Volume / Ctrl 7" ?!? Although there is a column which refers to the volume of every note ,,but it is too much work to change the volume for EVERY note !?! :( ..Sorry for my english

Hi dupakos,

For each individual note, the VELOCITY ("playing strength") could be changed. This also changes the Volume of the tones in question for most Voices. However, you don't have to do this in this case.

The display of Controller events may be hidden. If there is an "Event Filter" button, touch it and make sure the "Controller" checkbox is ticked.

Best regards,
Chris

Offline Joe H

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2023, 08:55:46 PM »
If there is no CC07 (volume) in the edit page of the individual Multi Pad you can INSERT a message and change the message CC07 then adjust the Volume that way.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2023, 07:56:57 PM »
Hi dupakos,

please see the attached picture (screenshots from Genos MIDI Multi Pad Recording / Step Edit). There you can see which settings must be made in the "Event Filter" so that the Control Change event "Ctrl 7 Volume" is displayed in the event list:

"Event Filter (Main) > Control Change" and "Event Filter (Control Change) > 007: Volume" must be ticked.

Then you can change the Volume of the current Pad by decreasing/increasing the Volume value ("43" in my screenshot).

Best regards,
Chris

Offline dupakos

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2023, 08:09:04 PM »
That was it!!! I didn't have the "control change" checked and that's why the "volume" didn't show up. I have no words to thank you, dear friend, I believe you helped many people who had the same problem

Offline overover

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2023, 08:22:18 PM »
You're welcome dupakos!

Many thanks for your kind feedback. :)

Best regards,
Chris