Author Topic: Hi Chris (Overover ) I need your technical help, plse  (Read 1396 times)

Jeff Hollande

Hi Chris (Overover ) I need your technical help, plse
« on: June 01, 2023, 12:49:58 PM »
Hi Chris :

I need your help, please. :)

I want to connect 2 instruments ( Tyros4 and Synth Korg Kross2 ) and use my Ty4 as " main " keyboard.
I already bought 2 pcs Din Cables.
Sorry, I have never done this before though::)

QUESTIONS
01. What is the right connection ( in + out ) and are the best midi setting(s) to get the optimal results ?
02. Where on the internet can I find information ( a step by step instruction ) how to proceed ?
03. Can I use the same ( 1x R and L input and output ) audio/midi interface whilst playing/recording both instruments ?

I am looking forward to reading your reaction.
Thank you so much for your help and support.

Kind regards, JH
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 01:04:34 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline overover

Re: Hi Chris (Overover ) I need your technical help, plse
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 02:40:13 PM »
Hi Jeff,

To control the Korg with the T4 keyboard you only need ONE MIDI cable, from theT4's MIDI A OUT to the Korg's MIDI IN.

On the T4, go to Function > MIDI and select the Preset MIDI Template "KBD & STYLE". Then close the MIDI display with the EXIT button to save the changed setting.

The "Upper" part (all three Right parts) of the T4 is now sent on MIDI Channel 1, and the "Lower" part (Left part), if enabled, on Channel 2.

On the Korg you have to make sure that the data coming in via MIDI IN on the MIDI channels mentioned controls the desired sounds. I can't help you in detail at the moment, because I haven't dealt with Korg keyboards/synths for a long time.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 03:10:42 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 03:11:26 PM »
WOOOW. Many thanks, Chris ! ☝️

Your very fast explanation helped me lot for a start.
The Korg instructions I will find on YT, I assume.
If not I will try a Korg forum.
Once again, many thanks, Chris !
👍👍👍.

Best regards, JH

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 03:29:55 PM »
Thanks for your kind feedback, Jeff!

I want to connect 2 instruments ( Tyros4 and Synth Korg Kross2 ) and use my Ty4 as " main " keyboard.
I already bought 2 pcs Din Cables.
Sorry, I have never done this before though::)

QUESTIONS
03. Can I use the same ( 1x R and L input and output ) audio/midi interface whilst playing/recording both instruments ? ...

You could connect the Korg's Main Outputs (L/R) to the T4's AUX IN jacks (via two standard TS cables) to play the Korg's sound through the T4. You set the desired volume using Korg's Master Volume and T4's AUX IN Volume (page 2/2 in the BALANCE display).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 12:55:19 PM »
Hi Chris :

T4's AUX IN Volume (page 2/2 in the BALANCE display)

Everything you explained is working like you have instructed well. WOOOOW ! THANK YOU SO MUCH !

I have only one problem : the voices on the Korg Kross2 are very low, ( BTW : only sound on the left speaker - no right speaker sound ) even after the max volume on the Korg. The master volume knob of the Ty4 has no influence.

Up to now I am still waiting for Korg's Forum news though. No answer about the settings yet.
Best wishes, JH

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2023, 02:12:37 PM »
Hi Chris :

T4's AUX IN Volume (page 2/2 in the BALANCE display)

Everything you explained is working like you have instructed well. WOOOOW ! THANK YOU SO MUCH ! ...

Hi Jeff,

Thank you again for your kind feedback! I'm glad that my tips helped you.

By the way, as I just saw from the Owner's Manual, the T4 obviously does not yet have the ability to control the AUX IN volume in the BALANCE display (as is possible with the T5). So please don't forget to adjust the "TRIM" control (= Input sensitivity) next to the T4's AUX IN jacks to adjust the volume.

I have only one problem : the voices on the Korg Kross2 are very low, ( BTW : only sound on the left speaker - no right speaker sound ) even after the max volume on the Korg. The master volume knob of the Ty4 has no influence. ...

Are you perhaps using the AUX OUT jacks on the T4? These are NOT affected by the Master Volume dial. If so, try the LINE OUT MAIN jacks. Here the Master Volume dial affects all parts including the AUX Inputs.

Regarding the Korg's low volume on the right speaker, I recommend swapping the two TS cables (from the Korg to the T4's AUX IN jacks). If the error is then on the other stereo channel, one of the cables is defective.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 02:50:04 PM by overover »

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2023, 03:25:44 PM »
EVERYTHING IS PERFECT, Chris ! :) :) :)

As you recommanded : I have increased the Ty4 AUX IN volume ( by using the TRIM ) : left and right speakers sound great and volume is perfect. Nothing wrong with the TS cable.

S U P E R B !  ;)

Bye for now, JH

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2023, 05:29:42 PM »
EVERYTHING IS PERFECT, Chris ! :) :) :)

As you recommanded : I have increased the Ty4 AUX IN volume ( by using the TRIM ) : left and right speakers sound great and volume is perfect. Nothing wrong with the TS cable.

S U P E R B !  ;)

Bye for now, JH

:) :)

The following users thanked this post: YvonP