Author Topic: correction of the tonality of the voice  (Read 769 times)

Offline dupakos

correction of the tonality of the voice
« on: May 30, 2023, 11:59:53 AM »
Is it possible for genos to correct the pitch of my voice (when I'm singing out of tune) based on the chord (or I don't know where else?!?)
sorry for my english, I hope I was understood
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 02:28:41 PM by dupakos »

Offline mikf

Re: correction of the tonality of the voice
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 02:24:12 PM »
 Think you mean pitch rather than tone correction.
I don’t know about the Genos specifically, because I have a CVP, but most of the high end arrangers have vocal harmony with some pitch correction settings. But I don't think they work that well.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: dupakos

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 06:49:09 PM »
I did something like this years ago when sampling my voice for "scat":

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/sampling-scat/

If you don't want to sort through that article, here's the relevant paragraph:

"In the second major production step, the formant syllables are sent to the PSR-S950 vocoder and vocoded syllables are recorded on the Micro-BR. The S950 vocoder is not a true synth vocoder. (The Motif/MOX and Tyros vocoders are true “synth” vocoders.) The S950 vocoder is part of its vocal harmony processor. Its “VocoderMONO” mode is designed to let (untrained) voices sing into a microphone and impose the formants onto a rather natural sounding, pitch accurate synthetic voice sound."

Hope this helps -- pj

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023, 12:26:28 PM »
Don't rely on the Genos vocal harmonizer for anything wonderful. The Tyros 5 design was far superior. I don't know why Yamaha soured the milk on the Genos 🙄. It's terrible!!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

The following users thanked this post: dupakos