Author Topic: .uvn voices  (Read 1476 times)

Offline MIKEP

.uvn voices
« on: May 24, 2023, 09:20:17 AM »
Hello
I have 10 .uvn voices to load into YEM. When I try to install it fails as YEM cannot see anything. I suspect it is because there is no cpi file. Can anyone advise please how I create this file so YEM will accept the voices.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Mike

Offline Stijn

Re: .uvn voices
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 09:41:11 AM »
I think you'll find the procedure here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUogEjIhsGo

see 0:59 Creating Pack of various content

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 09:41:16 AM »
Hi Mike,

If you have a T3/T4 Custom Voice Library file (.UVI) in which these .UVN voice files are linked, you can import this .UVI into the YEM with "My Packs > [⁣+⁣] > Import Pack". (The .UVN files and the .UVI must be in the same folder.)

If you only have the .UVN files, you must first create a new, empty Pack in YEM with "My Packs > [⁣+⁣] > Create Pack" (or you use an existing, non-protected Pack). You can then import the .UVN files into this Pack with "[⁣+⁣] > Import Content".

By the way, a .CPI file is a protected Pack Install File and has nothing to do with importing Pack/Voice files into the YEM. If (also) protected Packs are involved, you create a .CPI file for installation on the keyboard (with "Save as Pack Install File"), if only unprotected Packs are involved, you create a .PPI file.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 09:46:50 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline MIKEP

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 01:31:41 PM »
Thank you Stijn and Chris for your comments. I will give it a go tonight and keep you posted.
Mike

Offline MIKEP

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 01:06:29 PM »
All sorted.
Many thanks.
Mike

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 02:36:54 PM »
You"re welcome, Mike! I'm glad I could help. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)