Author Topic: Tyros 1 playlist problem  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Divemaster

Tyros 1 playlist problem
« on: May 25, 2023, 07:39:31 PM »
Advice needed please to convert the Tyros 1 mfd file into a playlist on my SX700 usb.
I was surprised to find, yesterday, that when I came to use it, there wasn't anything there.

I have already successfully done this with Tyros 2, 3, 4, and 5 but for some strange reason, although the Tyros 1 file says it's being converted.... It isn't.

A possible clue may be that all the other Tyros mfd's have taken 3 or 4 minutes or so to convert, but when I try exactly the same procedure with Tyros 1 mfd it shows that it's converted it in about 10 seconds, and that is obviously not right. I'm using the. mfd file from this site.

**since this I've tried the same file from another source. Same result unfortunately.

Could it be an STTF issue...... I seem to recall back in the mists of time that there was some kind of conversion issue with Tyros 1?
Anybody got any ideas. Thanks

Keith.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 07:05:03 AM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline murrayb

Re: Tyros 1 playlist problem
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 12:05:16 AM »
Keith:

I think the problem here is the Tyros 1 did not use the style codes that were implemented with the Tyros 2 and all subsequent keyboards.  Tyros 1, used a code number that was the position of the style on the screen. That is probably why converting T1 MF files doesn't yield a result converting to playlist.

There was a conversion program to upgrade T1 registrations to T2.  I don't know if it would work with MF files.

Murray
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Offline Divemaster

Re: Tyros 1 playlist problem
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 07:02:29 AM »
Thanks for this Murray, and I was aware of this issue with the Tyros 1 and the difficulties in converting the . mfd file for it.  Yes.... I remember having to use that conversion programme but cannot recall what it was. Old age memory!!

But the strange thing is this.
Last year, whilst I was unwell,  I sold my original PSR-SX700, and on that one I had fully working copies of all 5 databases converted to playlists. It had had the firmware update, and did it without any drama.

Don't ask me how, but so far, this keyboard has not converted the T1 files. The message says it has..... But it hasn't. It's weird. I'm baffled.

Thanks for your reply
Keith
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 07:08:14 AM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner