Author Topic: New Yamaha Page for ideas for new features for future generations  (Read 5753 times)

Offline manuel

Hello Friends

I will like to share for PSR S/PSR SX/ Tyros5/Genos users the link of the New Yamaha Web site that is ONLY for basically submit the Users Wish List for New Features, ideas, perhaps style genres, etc.

This page is NOT for General discussion, technical support or new product promos, simply to gather ideas for the possible new features for the future keyboard generations coming right from the users, all ideas are welcome.

https://yamahapk.ideascale.com

Manuel Dorantes
My 2 Cents

Manuel

Re: New Yamaha Page for ideas for new features for future generations
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 05:09:40 PM »
Hello Manuel,

Coming from France, I will be coming around mid-June on vacation near your home in Scottsdale. If I didn't have a fairly full schedule, we could have taken the opportunity to discuss these wishes in person.

Friendships
Christian

Offline manuel

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 05:52:02 PM »
Hello Christian

I am so glad you are going to Scottsdale, unfortunately, I move back to Querétaro México almost 2 years ago, because I lost all my jobs in Phoenix, I was very active playing between 12 to 18 dances per month and also worked for Yamaha visiting the big music stores to keep an eye in the Merchadise and updating the firmwares were they needed, whatsoever, I sill work for Yamaha Corporation of Japan and also America, as an external consultant and mostly is via Zoom or emails.
I still go to the US to the NAMM shows and do some Demos, etc.....and also some meetings and training, for the moment I have nothing until January.

Have a great time in Scottsdale is a very nice town.

Regards
Manuel 
My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline andyg

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 06:23:31 PM »
@manuel  Just curious. X66 in your signature - Hammond X-66?
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

The following users thanked this post: manuel

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 07:09:22 PM »
Hello Manuel,

Given the relationship you have with Yamaha, I understand the purpose of your approach because you are among the privileged interlocutors able to effectively transmit wishes and this in a concrete and not fanciful way.
I'll be thinking of you when I'm in Arizona.

Friendships
Christian

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2023, 11:37:49 PM »
I joined Ideascale a long time ago and to me it is a mess and you only read the same idea's that are posted on here. Some of the things people ask for I am sure are pure fantasy. If they were to add all the stuff that is asked for I doubt you would be able to lift the keyboard let alone pay for it.
 I don't think a lot of people use the functions we have already or even know they are there.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, motekmusic

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 12:05:53 AM »
Hi Eileen

Let alone the back problems it could have.
I am still suffering for lifting that last keyboard Tyros 5 in the exitement of getting a new Genos :D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 08:19:25 AM »
I joined Ideascale a long time ago and to me it is a mess and you only read the same idea's that are posted on here. Some of the things people ask for I am sure are pure fantasy. If they were to add all the stuff that is asked for I doubt you would be able to lift the keyboard let alone pay for it.
 I don't think a lot of people use the functions we have already or even know they are there.

That is the truth of it Eileen. A while back I spent almost a month going through Menus 1 and 2 on my SX700. Time very well spent, as I now understand the massive amount of settings, and it has been beneficial.
Maybe some people 'just have to have' new keyboards all the time?
Me.... I'm happy with what I bought, having spent many weeks finding out what it could do, and even not do.  Be happy..... Enjoy your playing.

Keith.
Korg  PA5X
I also play a Yamaha PSR-SX700
I also own a Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2023, 03:22:17 PM »
Yes to that. Just lately people seem to have been writing a lot instead of playing.

Offline ton37

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2023, 03:30:57 PM »
Yes to that. Just lately people seem to have been writing a lot instead of playing.
Says the one who has 10.000 + posts  :D ;D

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2023, 03:57:16 PM »
Says the one who has 10.000 + posts  :D ;D

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

It's called EXPERIENCE..... You can't buy, bottle or inherit it! Respect is due!
Korg  PA5X

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2023, 04:36:17 PM »
Well I have been a member on this site for over twenty years so this reflects in my post count. Lot of water under the bridge.

Offline ton37

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2023, 05:02:43 PM »
Correct EileenL, was intended as an impulsive joke, but apparently misplaced. You just earned that honor through your help to the forum members all those years.
My best regards,
Ton

Offline manuel

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2023, 06:42:05 PM »
Yes, Dear EIleen

I agree with what you mentioned all above, and there is a small group that have some possible ideas, and again, as you said, as long as those are not in the fantasy galaxy.....

But just practical useful functions that would enhance the performance and fun playing.

Manuel
My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline mikf

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2023, 07:31:43 PM »
I cannot fathom why Yamaha would have such a site. They have a highly talented performers on their team who know the instrument inside out, and meet with users frequently. I cannot imagine that a site like this would come up with anything realistic the development team don’t already have on their list of future improvements.
Is it just a PR exercise?
Mike
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 07:57:11 PM by mikf »

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2023, 08:17:16 PM »
I doubt that's actually Yamaha's website. There's no "About" (or similar corporate) info and even web address is strange.

Just my opinion,
Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2023, 09:32:08 PM »
I doubt that's actually Yamaha's website. There's no "About" (or similar corporate) info and even web address is strange.

Just my opinion,
Bogdan

I had the same thought too...... and for that reason alone I won't respond to it. Looks dodgy to me.
Korg  PA5X

Offline pjd

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2023, 12:39:09 AM »

Actually, it's legit. I used the link and it logged me into my Yamaha Ideascale account.

Ideascale runs the site for Yamaha and it is similar to the successful site for synth ideas.

Yamaha gets swamped with ideas submitted from individual users. By itself, an isolated idea is difficult to assess, "Would this feature appeal to other users, and how many?" Ideascale lets people vote on ideas. Popular ideas get votes and possibly, would have a higher priority for implementation.

It's a choice to participate or not. I drop in every few months and vote.

All the best -- pj

The following users thanked this post: Divemaster

Offline SciNote

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2023, 02:30:47 AM »
Would they also consider suggestions for the PSR/E series of keyboards, as well?  I'm thinking the PSR-E483 might be in planning stages.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2023, 06:37:12 AM »
Actually, it's legit. I used the link and it logged me into my Yamaha Ideascale account.

Ideascale runs the site for Yamaha and it is similar to the successful site for synth ideas.
Legit in what sense?
If we read about Ideascale on Wiki, then it becomes more clear how it works -which is in nutshell described in last paragraph (Features).
In short, it's similar as if owner of this forum would make a poll on forum or separate section dedicated to suggestions, and then offered the results to Yamaha (for certain price, of course).

As you said, is a choice to participate or not... but in my opinion, it's main purpose is, to make Yamaha owners feel better by thinking how they participate in developing process and help making product better -in sense, my keyboard brand is listening to their customers. Classical PR stuff.

Just sharing my opinion.. is not important if I'm right or wrong...
Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline EileenL

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2023, 01:08:44 PM »
This is a site set up by Yamaha to hear what people would like on future keyboards.
  In the past here in the UK a random amount of people were asked to meet at there head office when new flagships were launched to discus what we would like to see in the future. We would spend the day there and also meet the Japanese team along with Martin Harris who designs these keyboards.
  A lot was learned about what could and could not be done. So Yamaha have always listened to what there customers wanted and still do.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline pjd

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2023, 06:24:51 PM »
Legit in what sense?

"Legit" in the sense of what Eileen said, "This is a site set up by Yamaha to hear what people would like on future keyboards."

If people are hesitating out of security concerns, that I understand that. But, it is a site initiated/supported by Yamaha.

Hope this clarifies -- pj

Offline pjd

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2023, 06:31:19 PM »
Would they also consider suggestions for the PSR/E series of keyboards, as well?  I'm thinking the PSR-E483 might be in planning stages.

Hi Bob --

I don't see why not -- PSR E series are part of the portable keyboard product line same as SX or Genos.

They prefer to see one idea/feature per post so people can vote up or down on a specific feature. Long laundry lists are not especially welcome or helpful.

You might want to tag the ideas "PSR E". I see "PSR SX" tags for some features.

Hope this helps -- pj

Offline manuel

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2023, 08:06:42 PM »
@manuel  Just curious. X66 in your signature - Hammond X-66?
Yes in deed, I played in gigs that organ for over 25 years long time ago, I have one (X66) now in perfect working order and still play it at my studio only, too heavy to carry around. I perform only with my Genos or SX900.
My 2 Cents

Manuel