Author Topic: Source for "lesson" Midis  (Read 943 times)

Offline haste347

Source for "lesson" Midis
« on: May 14, 2023, 05:23:11 AM »
I've purchased my DGX-500 back around 2003 and have enjoyed it since. Now that I've got kiddos, they are showing interest in learning to play. I would like to expand the library of midis that are compatible with the "lesson" modes these things offer. Unfortunately, the floppy drive failed a while back, so I will most likely get a floppy emulator that will allow me to use USB/SD cards as an upgrade, unless I can find an old floppy drive around in some of my storage boxes (I have a career in IT, so I have lots of old computer parts).

I would be happy to purchase the midis from any source if they cannot be found for free.

Thanks for any assistance!

Re: Source for "lesson" Midis
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 07:21:09 AM »
Good morning,

Many midi sites exist on the Net.

I can advise you other other sites, to go to "Vanbasco'S Midi Search".

You indicate your search and you will end up with several results and what is more, these searches will also direct you to other titles.

Good day
Christian

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 07:42:14 AM »
If you go to the SONGS tab of the homepage of this website, there are thousands of MIDI files for you to download free. They may be suitable for your children to learn with.
Please contribute to the site if you do so, and help to keep this amazing resource open.

Keith.
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline haste347

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 06:06:04 PM »
Thank you for the replies!
I have a few hundred midi files from building websites back in the 90s, but those don't work with the "lesson" modes (timing, waiting, etc.) that the DGX series digital pianos have. The piano will just play them, and allow me to change the tempo/pause, etc. I have only found those that are are on the internal memory, and those from Yamaha that came on a disk with the keyboard will actually work with the lessons.

Will the midis from this site work with those lesson modes, given that it is geared directly at the Yamaha digital pianos? I will gladly contribute to this site.

Thank you again!