Author Topic: Playlist going to score  (Read 898 times)

Offline jcm2016

Playlist going to score
« on: May 15, 2023, 06:05:34 PM »
This post is asking to confirm if my understanding is right.

Ultimately I'm looking to be able to see a score on the screen.   I am aware of songbook+ but so far I don't want to go down the path of another device and connecting etc.

I saw in a YT video from Yamaha that playlist can be set to go to the score when the particular song is selected.   I fiddled around and and I think I now understand this - I'd like to check that with you.

I think the key is that the registration is going to a Midi file, and the score.  Then the playlist points to the registration, which points to the score, and this can be set as the display in the edit part of playlist.   Put another way, I think the playlist displaying a score only works if the playlist is ultimately pointing to a Midi file.

I'm not aware of how to put a score in a registration that isn't linked to a Midi file. It would be great if this was possible, like a pdf of a score being part of the registration. 

I believe some people use the text file to list chords and lyrics, but that's plain text, and no music staff.

Am I missing something?

Much appreciated as always.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Playlist going to score
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 06:51:17 PM »
It’s only the midi that can generate the score. You’re right, a pdf would be nice, but it’s not supported. Maybe next keyboard.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jcm2016

Re: Playlist going to score
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 04:31:32 PM »
Thanks very much for the response.