Author Topic: Recent Yamaha Music Europe Survey  (Read 1274 times)

Offline chesterkins

Recent Yamaha Music Europe Survey
« on: May 21, 2023, 11:09:51 AM »
How many of you have taken the recent survey from Yamaha
Interesting questions
As  researcher myself I felt the questions were leaning towards our attitude on keeping our instruments longer
reliability, updates repairs etc
Should we read anything into this?

Offline dragon

Re: Recent Yamaha Music Europe Survey
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 11:55:49 AM »
I have done the survey.. I bought the Genos as soon as it came out and may upgrade when its successor has been out about a year. This means that I would have kept the Genos longer than any of my previous keyboards. Worldwide events have caused the long delay in upgrade. It does seem skewed to ask the questions in the survey given these circumstances.

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 01:56:07 PM »
Yep, I filled it in, but one question did seem completely ridiculous to me.

Would you get your keyboard repaired if it went wrong, or just throw it out and buy a new one?

I know we live in a wasteful throwaway world, but with arrangers costing, in the main, well over £1,000 .... Yes, absolutely I'd want it repaired, at least for say the first 10 years.

Who throws out keyboards of this value.... Anybody?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 02:39:07 PM by Divemaster »
Korg  PA5X
I also play a Yamaha PSR-SX700
I also own a Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2023, 03:10:20 PM »
Yep, I filled it in, but one question did seem completely ridiculous to me.

Would you get your keyboard repaired if it went wrong, or just throw it out and buy a new one?

I know we live in a wasteful throwaway world, but with arrangers costing, in the main, well over £1,000 .... Yes, absolutely I'd want it repaired, at least for say the first 10 years.

Who throws out keyboards of this value.... Anybody?

About 10 years ago I discovered a Tyros2 in the local recycling center that someone had disposed of there. After consultation with the staff of the recycling center I was allowed to take the T2 with me. It was fully functional and in good condition. The only "bug" was that the previous owner had swapped out the internal hard drive for a 1GB SSD and it was incorrectly formatted (FAT16 instead of FAT32) causing the T2 to hang during the boot process. After replacing the SSD with a properly formatted hard drive, the T2 worked flawlessly again. :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 05:36:07 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 12:39:56 PM »
Wow, what a find Chris.

If you see an old guy with an eye patch following you next time you visit the recycling centre, it'll be me 😀

Keith.
Korg  PA5X
I also play a Yamaha PSR-SX700
I also own a Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2023, 01:16:10 PM »
I didn't receive the survey, and can't fill the questionnaire.

I would prefer being able to change the motherboard and all associated main components like RAM, SSD (NVME), USB cards .... and the OS, instead of replacing the full keyboard.
Not sure, but I think it is/was possible from ELx-01 series to ELx-02 series (electone).

In the other hand, not sure I would be able to sell the old individual components, although it was quite easy to sell all my previous Tyros .