Author Topic: ePianos take on the next ‘Genos’  (Read 2605 times)

Offline Danny1972

« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 07:53:37 PM by Danny1972 »

Offline EileenL

Re: ePianos take on the next ‘Genos’
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 11:38:18 PM »
If it is going to launch it could be at the Yamaha meeting where both Martin Harris and Peter Bartmanns will be latter in the year.

Offline Oxford1035

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 02:19:48 AM »
l agree Eileen. l mentioned it in another thread about Glyn Madden making a comment about expecting a nice surprise at the Yamaha event in November. It was also stated that Yamaha moved the dates for the event back by a week for some reason. Time will tell, but l think November is the most likely time for any announcement from Yamaha.

Kind regards,

Russ

The following users thanked this post: badpuppa

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 06:17:26 AM »
Hey Danny, Eileen and Russ :

Thank you all for this interesting link and your reminder ( Glyn Madden ) ! :)

There is absolutely no any doubt in my mind and ... it is not a dream:) :

Martin H and Peter B will introduce the Genos' successor in November 2023 in the UK ! ;)

Kind regards,
JH

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2023, 01:19:57 PM »
Glyn Madden was known as Mr Yamaha years ago when he played many organ concerts. He then took over running the Yamaha shop and produced a Bio monthly magazine for many years. He is retiring this year and I believe Yamaha are going to continue running the yearly meetings which this year are in November where many Yamaha supporters will spend four days of seminars and great concerts. A lot of fun will be had as always.

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2023, 06:45:04 PM »

There is absolutely no any doubt in my mind and ... it is not a dream:) :

Martin H and Peter B will introduce the Genos' successor in November 2023 in the UK ! ;)

Kind regards,
JH

Hello Jeff.

I know the link I posted would have been of interest to those eagerly awaiting the next Yamaha arranger but as it also pointed out there hasn't been any official confirmation and at this point is still relegated to just pure speculation, even if they are also made by popular retailers. That being said, I think if retailers are now giving this opinion there is more credibility to it, but still need to be cautious I think otherwise you'll only be very disappointed (again).

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2023, 10:02:38 PM »
Hi Danny :

There is no reason to be disappointed. ;)

I am sure ( call me an old fool  :D ) there will come a Genos' successor that will be officially announced by Yamaha in September or October 2023 and presented, shown in November 2023 in your country.💪

Best regards, JH

« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 10:05:06 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2023, 11:15:22 PM »

Absolutely no reason to!! You still have the Tyros4 and indeed it is still an exceptional keyboard. I had one for many years and I really reluctantly let it go as part of a trade and sometimes wished I didn't. Maybe one day I'll get one again but if I do it will be the black limited edition one although it's not something I am actively seeking but more if I stumbled across one at a very nice price.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2023, 04:14:04 AM »
Hi Danny :

I am sure ( call me an old fool  :D ) there will come a Genos' successor that will be officially announced by Yamaha in September or October 2023 and presented, shown in November 2023 in your country.💪

Best regards, JH

There better be a G2 announcement in October. I'll be 90 on Halloween and I'd like to play something nice like a Genos (2) before kicking the bucket.
Strideplayer

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2023, 06:33:03 AM »
You still have the Tyros4 and indeed it is still an exceptional keyboard. I had one for many years and I really reluctantly let it go as part of a trade and sometimes wished I didn't. Maybe one day I'll get one again but if I do it will be the black limited edition one although it's not something I am actively seeking but more if I stumbled across one at a very nice price.

Thank you, Danny !
In my perception the Tyros4 is a real collector's item. It was/is the best of the entire Tyros' serie, IMHO.  ;)
Hard to let it go ... I have no intention at all.  :)

Best regards, JH
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 06:38:01 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline mikf

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2023, 10:43:46 AM »
There better be a G2 announcement in October. I'll be 90 on Halloween and I'd like to play something nice like a Genos (2) before kicking the bucket.
Strideplayer
That’s like me believing I will be able to play the PGA tour once I buy the latest driver from Calloway.  8)
Mike

Offline Del B

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2023, 12:41:15 PM »

In my perception the Tyros4 is a real collector's item. It was/is the best of the entire Tyros' serie, IMHO.  ;)
Hard to let it go ... I have no intention at all.  :)

Best regards, JH

Never owned a T4, but love my T5

What does T5 offer to a T4 player
- 76 keys, if you prefer wider keybeds,
- better DSP..
- organ world.... The best organs in an arranger, especially the church organ
- 3 times as many SA2 voices... And many more other voices
- some new styles (50 )
- ensemble feature, very innovative and loved by advanced players

Its the best Tyros arranger keyboard ever made... ( in my opinion ) Each to their own Jeff
But we are going off topic this is about Genos

I'm ready for G2 are you Jeff?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 02:50:48 PM by Del B »

Offline Oxford1035

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2023, 02:20:44 AM »
That’s like me believing I will be able to play the PGA tour once I buy the latest driver from Calloway.  8)
Mike

l've just cancelled the Calloway driver l ordered last week 😏

The following users thanked this post: Steve_Kelley

Offline TLN41

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2023, 04:42:45 AM »
The Montage was released (February 2016 at NAMM) more than a year before the Genos (September 2017), and no word on a new Montage/replacement.

Most Montage are out of stock online, and some have dropped it from their website. The Genos is still in stock everywhere.

I don't see the MODX+ as being the flagship synth for Yamaha.

But maybe they are going to try a Montage/Genos hybrid? Or maybe Montage 2023 and Genos 2024?

No one knows.

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2023, 11:08:25 AM »
Personally i believe Because of the low margins from the arranger keyboards ,and this is only a small percentage revenue, yamaha will concentrate on the CVP range and piano market and slowly move out of high end arrangers.