Author Topic: PSR-S 700 Problems  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Pelimanni

PSR-S 700 Problems
« on: April 19, 2023, 02:38:20 PM »
Hi. When I press 1 to4 OTS buttons, style starts, how to take this "auto start" off?
How to save changed voice volume Left, Right1, Right2 settings?

Online Fred Smith

Re: PSR-S 700 Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 03:02:36 PM »
Hi. When I press 1 to4 OTS buttons, style starts, how to take this "auto start" off?
How to save changed voice volume Left, Right1, Right2 settings?

You change the voices by using the Memory button.

The auto start is a feature. The only way around it is to use registrations.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Pelimanni

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 04:34:11 PM »
Saving voice changing OK.
Using registration, isn't familiar, can you light me more?

Offline Pelimanni

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 06:06:44 PM »
I tried to get synch start off, in vain.

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023, 09:50:28 AM »
hi Pelimanni,
I don't know why you don't wish style to start automatically. If you only wish to play manually (without accompaniment) and change voices by pressing OTS buttons, then that is possible.
You simply create new style and save it as "OTS Piano" (for example) -that is, style is empty! Now pick desired voices for L, R1 & R2 and save as OTS-1 into "OTS Piano" style. Then do the same for OTS-2, 3 and 4 (you save them all in "OTS Piano" style). Next time you load "OTS Piano" style, it will auto-start, of course. But because style section is empty, nothing will happen -only OTS buttons can be used.
Yes, is a bit strange calling OTS voices by opening the style, but it works. Think of it as "Load OTS"  :)

Bogdan

PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Pelimanni

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 05:04:39 PM »
Hi BogdanH. I must tell you, maybe I mixed up this problem by my self. We have sextet, I play keys, two guys with Les Paul guitars, drummer with ALESIS e-set and singer girl with tambourine. OK. I usually use KORG Pa800 and ROLAND E-80 + YAMAHA SY77 on my rack. I bought PSR-S700 2009, very little use, so I cleaned dust and connect it PA all was OK. I usually use split:  left picked organ etc. right side right1 - right2, voices, I play left chords and right solo voices. It was easy to choose OTS voices on fly, accompaniment doesn't start while playing, but now, I started to play as usual, when pick OTS, suddenly accompaniment started, I'm surprise what happened! I did Initializing system setup, no help.
Regards Pertti from Finland

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 06:59:31 PM »
Hi Perrti,

The solution is using Registrations. Please first read the chapter about "Registration Memory" in PSR-S700 Owner's Manual from page 135 ("Registering and Saving Custom
Panel Setups").

You can download the S700 manuals here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=keyboards&k=PSR-S900

I also recommend using the search function of the PDF reader on the computer to search for all passages in the manual where the term "Registration Memory" occurs.

A single Registration is basically a snapshot of the current panel settings, where you can specify which parameter groups should be memorized. The memorized settings are set exactly the same when you later call up the relevant registration.

On the Registration Memory buttons (1 - 8 ) you can memorize up to 8 registrations. The entirety of these 8 buttons is called "Registration (Memory) BANK". After you have memorized settings on 1 - 8 Reg buttons, you save the Reg BANK as a file in the User drive or (better) on a USB stick. You can store and use unlimited Registration Bank files.

By the way, if you memorize registrations that should only set the Right Voices, tick the checkboxes Voice and Harmony. If the Left Voice should also be set, also tick the Style box. With registrations for style playing, tick at least Voice, Harmony, Style and Tempo boxes.

If you have any further questions regarding registrations, simply get in touch here again.

Good luck working with registrations!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 07:03:42 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline andyg

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2023, 09:51:48 AM »
Here are some pretty 'bullet proof' instructions for working with registrations. All my students who haven't yet moved to Genos/SX keyboards used it in their lessons with me. Probably easier than reading the manual! :)

https://app.box.com/s/qe4n7zgc6jvsbq21oqo9
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline Pelimanni

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2023, 12:35:29 PM »
Hi. I haven't original manual, so internet one was the most welcome. I red it  and follow advice, I have Memory1 on use, ACMP and VAR A are ON,  OTS 1-4 are green, when pressing button 1-4 sync start avtivate immediately. "How to cut this connection btw. OTS and Sync start".
I'm week off, I'll keep you posted when back.
Have a nice weekend.
Regards confused beginner Pertti